Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Vs Members

Kate August 9, 2021

Hey everyone. 

I read on the Trello pricing page that under the free plan you can have unlimited "members" but for the business plan you have to pay $10/ $12.50 per user.

I also read if under the business plan someone is added to two boards (or more) as a guest (which I think is also a term for member?) you're automatically charged for them as a "user."

I work with alot of contractors some of them like our jr VA's work on various projects which means we would have to pay at least $80 per month annual (so $960 per year) just have them be able to be on our weekly assignment boards (like posting to social media) and on any special events / project boards. 

With Clickup we'd only pay $9 per month to be able to run things the way we need to. So while I love Trello I can't justify that HUGE price increase. 

So I figured I must be confused about how billing truly works for Trello now and what's member vs user. 

I would gladly pay for my integrator to be a "user/admin" but not for all the contractors. 

Could someone who is on business class please explain to me how this works?

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 5.13.09 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021
0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2021

Members are users that have been added to a board, so the unlimited members refers to the the board. If you have guest users and they only belong to one board, they will be free. If you add a user to your workspace and is a member of multiple boards, they will require a license. You can find more information about how billing works here, How billing works with Trello Business Class

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events