Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Butler to automatically convert a checklist item to a card

Tess Bancroft
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2021

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on creating a Butler command. I want to automatically convert checklist items to cards, based on their due date. 

My aim is to have all of my tasks that are due that week visible in a list, rather than having to go into each individual project card.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2021

Hey @Tess Bancroft  ,

I don't think you can do this based on the checklist due dates (assuming you are using Advanced Checklists) but if you are ok to base it on the card's due date then this might work (but I've not tested it fully!)... 

Trigger - "on the monday of the week a card is due"

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 11.07.30.png

and Action:

Under "Cascade"

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 11.08.06.png

NB: I selected linked cards here but you can have them as unlinked if you prefer.

So in full it is (but you can play around with what list you want the cards to appear in etc)

Screenshot 2021-02-17 at 11.11.08.png

A similar automation can be found here in this video on how to set this up using a card button. So you can press that button when you want to convert the checklist items into cards (and it will link them). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54B6I6Y7dmw (sorry the audio is not great on this one, I have a mic now :D ) 

Full disclosure the inspiration for this came from @Iain Dooley 's post https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Hope that helps,

Dan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events