Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login using Google account on Trello for Mac

Jed Soriano January 13, 2021

I'm unable to login using my Google account on Trello for Mac.  I'm using a MacBook Air M1.  Trello version is 2.11.7

I can login without any problems using Chrome and Safari browsers.  But using the app, the login process comes back with error "Couldn't sign you in This browser or app may not be secure"

Is the latest version of Trello compatible with MacBook with M1 chip?

Please help. Thanks.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2021

Hi @Jed Soriano 

You can ask trello support HERE

Trello team can help you better in this case.

Cheers

Jed Soriano January 14, 2021

Thank you @Vero Rivas .  I will contact Trello team as you recommended.

Like Vero Rivas likes this
Bryan Rollins January 22, 2021

@Jed Soriano  I'm having the same issue on the same hardware (MacBook Air M1.  Trello version is 2.11.7). I've also submitted a support request. Will report back here if I find a solution.

Jed Soriano January 23, 2021

@Bryan Rollins I reached out to Trello support and was asked to use my Atlassian account to login to Trello app on the mac while they are looking into the issue.  I also used my Google credentials in my Atlassian account but was given a method where I was able to change my Atlassian password.  So I use my Atlassian account when using Trello on Mac app, all others (browser, tablet app) I use my Google account.

Hope this helps.

Bryan Rollins January 23, 2021

Definitely helped. That worked for me.

The process was a little clunky after re-setting the password, lots of screen refreshes and a few different login screens, but now I'm back in the Trello desktop app.

Thanks for sharing the workaround, @Jed Soriano! 🙏

Like Jed Soriano likes this

You're most welcome @Bryan Rollins !

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2021

Hi @Jed Soriano 

welcome to this wonderful community

sounds strange - was there an update? I didn't have any problems. I will have a look and keep you up. Maybe someone from Trello team can have a look too.

Jed Soriano January 14, 2021

Thank you @Fabienne Gerhard for your response and confirmation that you are not having any issue.  I will reach ou to Trello team as you suggested.

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
0 votes
reyvasquez January 23, 2021

So is this issue solved?  I it marked solved, but I don't see the solution.  Going to the Trello support sends me to Atlassian Community.  I have a MB Air with Intel CPU.

Please see my response to Bryan.  Thanks.

reyvasquez January 23, 2021

@Jed Soriano When you say "given a method where I was able to change my Atlassian password" do you mean they sent you a link to do this?

The current Atlassian account security page asks for a "Current Password" which I don't have because my account is linked to my gmail account.  I can't assign a new password without the current password, and I'm sure they don't mean my gmail password.

@reyvasquez Yes I was given a link to reset my Atlassian password

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events