Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in

Lisa Watt August 29, 2023

I changed my email address.  Now I am unable to log in

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Casey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

Hi @Lisa Watt

Cloud accounts, including Trello, are linked to your email address. I understand that due to privacy, you won't be able to provide your email address here publicly. You may log a support ticket here so we can further check your account.

Casey

Hi Yes

I created this account because I am unable to access my account under Lisa.Watt@Compass.com

I change my email the Lisa.Watt@Compass.com. Compass has a security block on outside applications. So when I try to login to Trello with Lisa.Watt@Compass it instruct me to contract Compass Security team that team did go into my computer to see what can be done.  I was advised to contract Trello to change my email back to the original email and not use my Compass email

Casey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

So your new account/email is the one you have mentioned above, may I have your old email or at least the domain used (if not generic like Gmail) and I will try to check it from there.

the old one was lisawatt@lisaandcompany.com

Can you see the on that is now with Lisa.Watt@Compass.com?

I think this account that I am on is a new one created under LisaWatt@lisaandcompany.com 

So you will not see anything on this.  After I realized I was lockout by Compass on the Lisa.Watt@Compass.com account I was trying to get it back to LisaWatt@lisandcompany.com but it instead created a new account

Your Workspace, Lisa & Company International Reality, has a Trello Premium free trial until Thursday, August 31, 2023.

At the end of your free trial, your Workspace will automatically be upgraded to Trello Premium unless you opt out on your billing page.

I got this message today from about the account I have.  

Mu Workspace is, Lisa & Company International Reality

Casey
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2023

Hi Lisa,

Upon checking, the newly created account is on a free plan and doesn't have any boards in it. You may leave it as is, or if you want to delete it, you may follow the guide here.

While for your Compass account, is currently on trial and it is active. You should be able to log in without any issues. May I know the error you are seeing?

Kindly try to log in here: https://trello.com/login using a different browser and let me know what it looks like.

I need to change my email for the Compass back to a non Compass email address.  Compass security will not all me to us my Compass email to access my Trello account.  Can you help me change my email back to what it was before I changed it to Lisa.Watt@Compass.com?

That I what I need to fix the problem of me not being able to log in

https://compass.onelogin.com/access_denied

That is the message I get when I try to log in with the Compass email.

I need to go back to my Non Compass email

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 9.54.57 PM.png

Here is a screenshot of what I am getting when I log in

I spoke to the security team and they informed me that I must change the email back to something that is not a Compass email address.

Casey
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2023

Hi Lisa,

My suggested workaround here is to Move your existing Trello boards from your work email to your personal one. They are 2 separate Trello accounts.

If you are being blocked by your internal IT from accessing your Trello account under Compass, you may coordinate with your org admins to allow your access so you can just move the boards to your new personal account, and then they can delete your Atlassian Account afterward.

If further assistance is still required, kindly log a ticket here so our support team can further assist.

Casey

Compass is not able to grant access.  How can you help me to change my email back to a Non Compass email address?

Casey
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2023

Hi Lisa, 

You created a new account using your personal email. Since your Compass account is managed, you can only make changes to it once you log in using your Compass email and move the boards as suggested here.

As this is an internal restriction on your end, you have to coordinate with your org admins.

Please log a ticket here for further assistance.

Lisa Watt August 30, 2023

So my email can not be changed on the account with the Compass email address. Correct?

I Just got off the phone with Compass.  They informed me that the Block is on the Trello Side of this

I can not go to the billing page.

If I can no longer access this page why should I pay for it?

I want this page back.

If I am not able to get it back please terminate that account so I not being billed of an account I have no access to.

Please advise me what I should do

0 votes
Ash Yadav - VMotion IT Solutions
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2023

Hi @Lisa Watt 

Are you getting any error messages?

A screenshot would be helpful. 

Have you reached out to Trello Support in the meantime? 

https://trello.com/contact#/ 

Kind Regards,

Ash

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events