Trying to create a Rule using Custom Fields

Lyndsey Fletcher August 30, 2021

Does anyone have any ideas why this rules isn't working....... I have disabled all other rules to make sure there is no conflict - the log says that nothing matched the trigger - but I had just created a test card.....

when a card with custom field "Due on Day of Week" set to "Monday" is added to the board, move the card to the bottom of list "Monday"

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Hey @Lyndsey Fletcher - my guess is that you're adding the card, then setting the custom field in another step. Butler will trigger as soon as you've added the card to the board, check if there's already a custom field set (there's not) and not execute the move.

If your workflow involves adding cards, then setting the custom field, you may want a rule that triggers based on the custom field being set, not the card being added to the board. For example "when custom field "Due on Day of Week" is set to "Monday", move the card to the bottom of list "Monday""

Thank you Felix - of course!! This has now worked. 

Felix - camI ask another related question...... What are the rules behind {usmonthweeknumber} does it pick up the week number the card was created on or the week number that of the due date? 

Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

usmonthweeknumber will use the current date. For example, today's the 30 of August, which is week number 5 of the month of August:

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 10.41.08 AM.png

If you want to use the card's due date, you can use cardduedateusmonthweeknumber as a variable.

Felix - thank you so much. This is excellent 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events