Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello will not install on Wear

Whats the deal with not installing on Wear ? I had to install it twice. And the icon doesnt even install automatically on the desktop.

Do you not support Android/Wear anymore ?

And whats the deal with https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Android-Wear-note-won-t-finish-on-watch/qaq-p/582328

Has support for Wear been totally sunsetted ?

2 answers

0 votes
Mike Atlassian Team Sep 29, 2017

Hi Kjora,

Sorry for the frustration!

While there is a Trello app for Android Wear, it's admittedly pretty limited in functionality for now, and it doesn't have an icon to launch it from the screen, so you won't see it alongside the other apps.

If the Trello app is installed on the phone paired with that Wear device, then the Wear app will automatically be installed as well. For now, you won't be able to interact with Trello cards or checklists on those cards—instead, its main use is for viewing notifications, which can be accessed from the device's Notifications screen.

We had to make some changes to how the Wear app works when Wear 2.0 was released, and there have been other priorities for the Android team. In total transparency, there are no immediate plans to bring that functionality back, but I'll let the team know that's something you're looking for!

Thanks for the reply, I understand about the lack of support for Wear; but I was also alluding to the fact that the Android icon itself does not appear upon install. Had to go to Apps to get to it.

Wear functionality is a must for me, so I will look elsewhere..cheers !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,999 views 18 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you