Trello will not install on Wear

kjora dora September 28, 2017

Whats the deal with not installing on Wear ? I had to install it twice. And the icon doesnt even install automatically on the desktop.

Do you not support Android/Wear anymore ?

And whats the deal with https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Android-Wear-note-won-t-finish-on-watch/qaq-p/582328

Has support for Wear been totally sunsetted ?

2 answers

0 votes
kjora dora September 30, 2017

Thanks for the reply, I understand about the lack of support for Wear; but I was also alluding to the fact that the Android icon itself does not appear upon install. Had to go to Apps to get to it.

Wear functionality is a must for me, so I will look elsewhere..cheers !

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Kjora,

Sorry for the frustration!

While there is a Trello app for Android Wear, it's admittedly pretty limited in functionality for now, and it doesn't have an icon to launch it from the screen, so you won't see it alongside the other apps.

If the Trello app is installed on the phone paired with that Wear device, then the Wear app will automatically be installed as well. For now, you won't be able to interact with Trello cards or checklists on those cards—instead, its main use is for viewing notifications, which can be accessed from the device's Notifications screen.

We had to make some changes to how the Wear app works when Wear 2.0 was released, and there have been other priorities for the Android team. In total transparency, there are no immediate plans to bring that functionality back, but I'll let the team know that's something you're looking for!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events