Trello to Slack Integration

Eduardo Di Fabio June 12, 2018

Hi,

Right now i have Slack power-up running and getting notifications, but i'm wondering if there is a way to filter which changes would be interest to generate a notification.

For example: notifiy me just when a card is moved to a specific list

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Teddy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2018

Hi Eduardo,

Currently, the Slack Power-Up notifications are board-wide, and there is not a way to narrow those down to specific lists or cards.

I'll let the team know that is something that you are interested in seeing!

Eduardo Di Fabio June 14, 2018

Thanks Christopher for your answer.

Yes, i think that would be interesting getting only notifications in which "you are interested".

Greetings.

Terry Graham July 10, 2018

My request is very similar as well.  I am just trying out the Slack integration and I think it has a lot of potential.  But right now it seems very noisy and I worry that my effort to fully integrate the two will make Slack less useful for other conversational needs by bogging it down in noise.

I think the biggest win could be a setting allowing notifications to be limited to card members when certain actions are taken on that card for certain boards.

jasonsheridan79 February 11, 2019

Agreed, I just had to uninstall the Trello app from Slack because it's way too chatty.  Every single change to a checklist would come through as message.  Too much.

Colton Harper February 19, 2019

I have the same issue. This integration is very noisy and clutters our slack channel making it unusable for communicating with my team. I would like to use the integration, but simply cannot since there is no filter for what we get notifications for. 

Ryan Oldfather February 23, 2019

I agree. It's like an all or nothing situation. By filtering the alerts by those who are on the card, this extra noise becomes a laser focused asset vs more clutter.

Jonathan Herrera May 7, 2020

Any updates on this.
Closing in on two years since the initial mention.  Our team could really use this.

Alex_Feinberg May 8, 2020

A solution to this requirement would be gold. Slack me just the updates I'm interested in (e.g. limit to cards I'm a member of or watching, and changes that matter to me).

Deleted user September 10, 2020

As of September 2020, it is possible to discriminate the notifications up to Card level although not changes of list.

It's still too noisy and it's hard to understand how this is a design decision.

The logical thing to do would be to hard-link (via permalink) a Trello Card and a Slack conversation so that any notifications related to a specific card are reflected in the corresponding thread instead of the channel itself.
In fact, comments on the thread should also be uploaded to the card (for instance by tagging them with a specific emoji).

Plenty of room for improvement.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events