Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello members restriction from cards editing and deletion?

Jan Agha Stanikzai August 3, 2022

Dear Trello community this is Jan Agha Stanikzai, Data Management Officer HealthNet TPO Afghanistan, I have newly joined Trello community i say greetings to the honorable members of the Trello community.

I would like to ask a question: 

I want to restrict members of the team from card editing and card deletion only the person who assigns the card can edit or delete the cards, is there any way to restrict?

Regards

Jan Agha Stanikzai

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2022

Hi @Jan Agha Stanikzai,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, and I hope you have had a good experience so far.

I'm afraid, at the moment, Trello doesn't have this fine-tuned control over the cards. Once someone has access to a board, they'll be able to see all cards on it. For now, we suggest creating separate boards for different permissions levels. Also, I've marked your feedback as a feature request with our product team.

I hope that answers your question.

Jan Agha Stanikzai August 6, 2022

Dear @Sal thank you so much for the suggestion, but this way you suggested will not be benefecial for our aim what we want but any how thank you for you suggestion.

Jan Agha Stanikzai

Jan Agha Stanikzai August 6, 2022

Dear @Sal i have a question,

If we activate paid version of Trello application is there possible to give members access as observer so they can only be able to comment and emoji reaction but they do not be able to edit or delete cards? i am asking because i reseached i did not find any clue of paid version members access as observer.

Regards

Jan Agha Stanikzai

Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Jan Agha Stanikzai ,

Yes! If you upgrade your Workspace to Premium, you can have access to the feature of Observers. Observers have limited access to the board and cards. However, they can still view the board and cards, download the card attachments, comment and vote on cards (If it's something enabled for the board), and export the board.

You can find more details about Observers here.

1 vote
Çiğdem Büyükaşik
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 5, 2022

Hello @Jan Agha Stanikzai

Hipporello has recently released a power-up that solves this problem: Hipporello Apps. One of the apps is the Trello Card Sharing app, which allows you to select the cards or even parts of cards you want to grant limited access to and publish them on a ready-to-go branded web portal page. You can install Hipporello Apps by clicking the Add power-up button under power-ups on your board. 

This is how a shared card looks on a web portal page:

card share portal.png

Anyone you share the link with can view the cards you select without accessing your board. It's also possible to restrict access to that portal page as you need by sharing cards privately with a group of users only. 

sharing options.png I hope this helps,

Cigdem

Jan Agha Stanikzai September 5, 2022

Dear @Çiğdem Büyükaşik 

Thank you so much for your follow up regarding the mentioned issue, We will definately avail this power up if it could help us.

Rergards

Jan Agha Stanikzai

Like Çiğdem Büyükaşik likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events