Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello integration w/ Slack

Ryan Goodnight December 6, 2020

Hi all!  Is anyone using the Trello integration with Slack?  I am trying to figure out how to add a Trello team board to our Slack and I keep getting an error stating “Sorry, I don’t know what to do with this command.”  The command I am using is /trello link (URL OF OUR TEAM BOARD).

2 answers

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2020
Ryan Goodnight December 7, 2020

Hey, thank you for your help as well.  Like I posted above, I mostly have it figured out.  I have them added and functioning now.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
0 votes
Thomas Boudier [Adaptavist]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 7, 2020

Hi Ryan!

I've been using it, maybe I can help. The command you're using is the right one.

Is your board team-visible or private?

When you copy the URL to a card in your Slack channel, does the Trello app display the content of said card and shortcuts to quick actions?

Ryan Goodnight December 7, 2020

Thanks for replying back to me!  I figured it out, mostly or sorta.  I cannot add any app to Slack from the Slack app itself.  For example, Trello fails when I try to add it.  One Drive fails when I try to add it.  Other's have failed as well.

However, when I log into Slack via the website and do it, all of the failing apps worked.  So, I haven't figured out why that is, but at least I have them added and functioning now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events