Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello chrome extension not linking to my Trello account on new computer

Bob Whitelock April 21, 2018

I've just installed Chrome on a new computer and synced across my previous settings including browser extensions like the Trello extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello/dmdidbedhnbabookbkpkgomahnocimke). Once this was done the extension opened a tab which said 'Click the big green button to link your Trello account.'. I clicked the button, however all that happens is this links to a URL on trello.com which says 'Invalid return_url' and nothing else. The same thing happens if I remove and then re-add the extension and then click the button to link again, and in both cases my account is not linked and the extension does not work. Is there something more I need to do to link the extension to my Trello account?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marta Galofre de Alos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Hi friends,

Marta here, from Trello Support.

It looks like there was a bug on our end causing this, but it has been fixed earlier this morning. Could you please remove the extension, close the browser, reopen it, enable the extension and see if that helps?

Cheers!

Bob Whitelock April 24, 2018

It works great now, thanks Marta!

Felipe Dalcarobo April 24, 2018

Thanks Marta!

However, I'm having the same issue with the Gmail extension. Could you check that too please?

Philip Blood April 24, 2018

I see the same issue as Felipe. I just installed the Gmail extension, and it is still having the same problem reported above for the Chrome extension. Is this also being addressed?

Felipe Dalcarobo April 25, 2018

Working great now. Thanks!

1 vote
Matthew Critchlow April 22, 2018

Same problem here - first time I ever tried to use the extension. Downloaded and enabled from chrome store today. "Invalid return_url" when I try to link my account.

0 votes
Felipe Dalcarobo April 23, 2018

Same problem with Chrome and Gmail extension, anything to help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events