Trello attachments are not previewed on Slack

Anna Czapla August 18, 2021

Hey,

I have a question whether anyone had a problem with previewing attachments that are put into Trello cards on a dedicated Slack channel.

It used to work like this: a person put a graphic and we see it's preview on Slack. Now we can see only a name of the file, without visuals.

I tried to reset powerup on Trello, but it didn't help.

What can I do?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anna Czapla July 14, 2022

Seems like it's working again! 

hopefully it won't disappear anytime soon 😄

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2022

Hey @Anna Czapla 

Yes, we fixed it a few days ago. Glad that it works for you again 😌

Like # people like this
Steve Catanzaro July 14, 2022

Wow, I can see the… previews! 😍

Like # people like this
1 vote
alexandre_lebel October 19, 2021

Shit, this completely broke our workflow. 

Karolis Dzevecka January 10, 2022

Same here :(

Like Paulina Moscoso likes this
Paulina Moscoso January 10, 2022

It really does. it is frustrating. 

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2021

Yes, we broke this by accident.  It's on the list to fix.

James Quinlan August 25, 2021

I am also experiencing this issue. It would be great to see the image preview of a Trello attachment return 

Like Anna Czapla likes this
Paulina Moscoso August 26, 2021

Is there a timeline of when we can expect this fixed? I am having the same issue. 

Anna Czapla August 30, 2021

Hey @Michael Pryor , what is the ETA of fixing this issue?

Kaspar Hübener September 23, 2021

Lining up to hear more about a fix as well.

Steve Catanzaro October 4, 2021

@Michael Pryor Thank you for the direct, honest response :D Looking forward to the fix. 

Dmitry October 14, 2021

Please fix this issue. Whole process, at least for me is really hard without these previews.

Anna Czapla October 15, 2021

hey @Michael Pryor it's been almost 2 months now, do you know what is the progress of fixing this issue?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
October 15, 2021

The fix is actually a pretty major piece of work.  Not sure you want the details but we changed the way attachments work so when you request the url for the attachment you have to be signed into Trello. It used to be that attachment urls could be seen by anyone with the url. So for example Slacks servers could read our attachment url. Although the url wasn’t public there was no authentication needed.  We changed this on purpose but that changes means Slacks servers can’t see our urls because Slacks servers are not logged into Trello as you (which is basically the intended behavior). So we have to invent some new mechanism to get the attachment data to slacks servers when they request it which is not super easy. 

tldr; I don’t have an estimate but I don’t think this behavior will come back soon. 

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this
Nora Falcon November 10, 2021

Is this true for the Cover as well or that never worked?

I'm interested in displaying the cover as an image to my Slack Rule.

Karolis Dzevecka January 10, 2022

Hi @Michael Pryor ! It's been almost 6 months since it's broken... Can you please bring back the previous workaround until you'll invent some new system? Or give any ETA on new fix? Thank you.

Like # people like this
Dastano June 18, 2022

I am just curious, that issue is on all Attachments no?

When I check our Tickets in Slack it only show a little camera Icon, same goes for Log Files, the Log Files are not shown, they just have the Filename like.

Debug.log

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events