Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trello and Atlassian

Guys does it mean that soon we won't be able to work with Trello without having it connected to Atlassian?  

i just find this notification on connecting Trello account to Atlassian super annoying, as annoying as it can get. 

And if it is so.. weird product move, but.. to me it seems end of trello in my life

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas Community Leader Apr 13, 2021
0 votes
Chris Buzon Community Leader Apr 13, 2021

Trello was purchased by Atlassian some time back, and the account migration stuff is a step in the path of bringing Trello fully under the Atlassian Umbrella.  Trello is certainly not at end of life, if anything - it's going to get bigger.

This isn't really a weird move, since bringing the accounts under the Atlassian one provides increased security, better integrations, etc.

I don't know if/when an account migration will be required, but I would guess that at some point it will be necessary to continue to use Trello.

it does provides more security and better integration , completely agree here, just not for everything you need to have atlassian account, and if you don't have one.. it is a trick, will trello exist without one going forward or not and this is just some transition period before everyone will connect atlassian and drop off? 

All Trello accounts will eventually be Atlassian accounts. 

Like Chris Buzon likes this

But its not much good if all the boards you have created don't sync with the Atlassian account. I'm still a novice user, but don't see why you should have to start over. Would be super annoying if you have a mature account.

My mistake. When directed to Atlassian it asked me to set up an account and I used a different email to log in. I have managed to link the original account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

534 views 19 20
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you