Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Trello to Atlassian

jo wilson March 25, 2020

I have a Trello account (I use a Mac); I have a yellow banner in Trello asking me to link it to my Atlassian account (I don't use any other Atlassian products?)

Am I ok to ignore this message? Or is there a risk of Trello stopping working if I don't do anything? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eric Alkema March 25, 2020

This banner?

Capture01.JPG

I got this as part of a reply from Trello

"Over the course of the next year, all Trello accounts will get an Atlassian account. What you're seeing here is the start of that process. To give some extra clarity though, these changes from this process only apply at the account level. Nothing will change inside of Trello with regard to how you or your team members collaborate with teams or boards."

As long as you are not using a Trello account linked to a personal email address and your company address is not an alias to a different email address (you would have to ask IT about that), then Setting up an Atlassian account is harmless.

jo wilson March 25, 2020

Hi Eric - yes, that is the exact message I see. Thanks for your feedback - so I think the outcome here is that we don't need to take any action. An Atlassian account will be created automatically but that should not effect us using Trello? 

Eric Alkema March 25, 2020

I think the process by which "all Trello accounts will get an Atlassian account" is by the users clicking on the link and following the prompts.  If I had to guess, I would say that they are not automating it to give users that are accessing their Work boards using Personal accounts a chance to disconnect the two.

Like jo wilson likes this
jo wilson March 25, 2020

Ah OK. That makes sense. Thank you! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events