Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Notifications Filter question

Raquel El Fakih May 30, 2022

Hello! Is there a reason as to why is Trello sending me notifications for ANYTHING instead of just the lists I watch and the cards I follow?

At first, it seemed to work, but since recently my phone gets swamped with notifications from everything everyone is doing. The board I am in has people from different timezones so getting woken up at 2 am for something that has nothing to do with me is kind of a bother.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Raquel El Fakih ! It's likely you're watching these cards that you're being notified of. If you select one of the notifications to bring you to a card, can you see if you're watching that card? If you are, you should see a little eye icon on the front of the card. 

You automatically become a watcher of a card if you are added as a member, or if you comment on a card. Note that when you make a comment on your PC, you'll see a checkbox if you want to comment and watch the card or not. If you un-check it, moving forward, you won't become a watcher of a card when making a comment. 

You can also manually un-watch a card if you no longer want to be notified of that card (on mobile, just select the ellipses at the top right when looking at the back of the card).

Hope that helps!

Raquel El Fakih June 3, 2022

Hello! No, I don't see any eye icon on the cards I get notified about, and I'm not a member of them either. The only list on the board that I follow/watch is my entry list where they put jobs assigned to me; I set butler to automatically add me as a member of the cards that get put there.

0 votes
Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Hi, you can, yourself, deactivate Trello notifications for "your" night but, at 1st, I have a question

Do you use an Apple or Android or another system of smartphone?

I have Android and use the desktop app for windows and on both devices I have the same issue with the notifications

Rémi BERNIÈRES
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Right, thanks for your answer

So, on your Android smartphone, you can deactivate notifications of Trello in the parameters of your smartphone (Apps > Trello > Notifications > Deactivate all) and reactivate them at the morning

And for Computer, you can activate concentration assistant during night

Thanks for the reply! It still bothers the fact that I still have to receive notifications from all the cards instead of just those of which I'm a member of, or from the lists I watch, but I appreciate the suggestion c:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events