Trello Custom Fields Search

Hi There,

I have just added in the Custom Fields power-up for Trello and I need a way of searching by these custom fields. Is there a way of doing this?

4 answers

Custom Fields has been included in the Trello APi recently. Is there a plan to make them searchable now? It would be very great!

Matthew N Community Champion Apr 09, 2018

Use Filters instead of search 

@Matthew N How do you filter by custom fields? Looks like you can only filter by "term or search for labels, members, or due times."

How can I do searches or filter cards for a custom field?

2 votes

I agree, searching and/or filtering by custom fields is an absolute necessity. I am using custom fields for item priority and project associations, and because of the number of items I need to use I am unable to use labels for them. This power-up is almost useless without any search or filter capabilities.

1 vote
Matthew N Community Champion Sep 29, 2017

Hey Alex

Currently, Custom Fields are not searchable.  They will, however, be included in export reports of the board.

You can let the team know of your interest in searching custom fields by sending a feature request to feature-ideas@trello.com

Appears that Trello Development Roadmap doesn't go beyond December '17. Is there a new development roadmap for Trello available somewhere in the Atlassian universe?

The Screenful Power-Up allows grouping and filtering based on custom fields. You can learn more at https://screenful.com/trello/custom-fields/

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Sep 11, 2018 in Trello

There’s a Power-up for That!

So you’re using Trello at work, at home and to track your new DIY crafts. The family and co-workers are all on board and everything is organized, color coded and has a due date. But still, there’s so...

585 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you