Trello- Can I set a recurring Due Date?

I want to set a Trello card to have a due date at the same time each month.

2 answers

3 votes
Francis Peixoto Community Champion Apr 16, 2017

Trello has a Card Repeater addon:

KXLWf2q

I'm a new user- can you tell me how to install the Add On in the IOS app?

Francis Peixoto Community Champion Apr 16, 2017

Right now, the only add ons available through the app are the calendar and card voting. You'll have to activate the card repeater from the web interface. 

Francis, Donna mentioned a "due date" in her question. Can repeating cards generate a new due date (so that the card shows up on Trello's calendar, for instance?). More specifically, can one create a card at the beginning of a month with a due date of the 15th of each month? Thx...

Devon Henderson Community Champion Apr 18, 2017

John - The Card Repeater Power-Up is more for generating cards on certain dates. I don't currently use it in any way I can test while getting you an answer in a reasonable amount of time, but IIRC it always sets it due to the original due date on the card, not a new date relative to the creation date. You can use Butler For Trello, however, to create cards on certain days and have them set with a due date relative to the creation date. For example, creating a card on the 1st and having it due on the 15th. And since Butler acts as a "board member", it works on all Trello platforms.

https://butlerfortrello.com/

Having the "due date" match the given month that the card is created in is pretty important. It's a nuicance to manually update that date every month.

Thank you for explaining Butler @Devon HendersonDevon Henderson 

@Francis Peixoto How do I see the calendar through the app? (iOS) 

Thank you for mentionin it. I got it. thanks sooo much. To get it you just tap the 3 dot in the top right hand corner and select calendar under power ups. 

@Devon Henderson Can I make a card repeat after a certain amount of time using the butler power up? Also what's a Trello platform?

Sorry that's me testing commenting :)

0 votes
Francis Peixoto Community Champion Apr 17, 2017

John, the card repeater add on allows you to repeat a card monthly on a specific day. You could create the initial card on the third of the month, but set the repeater to act on the 15th every month.

But the answer to the initial question is a card can be repeated but you have to manual set the due date each time a card is created correct? 

I use the Card Repeater and can't seem to find a way for it to automatically create the due date when it creates the card on the date it's supposed to. 

We need the same feature. I feel it would be very vauable for Trello to provide this feature where we can configure the due date for the new created card through the repeater power up.

Ditto @Raghu Kashyap. I'm a little surprised this still isn't part of the recurring card feature.

Suggest an answer