Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello Automation

Ayden Heinig January 21, 2022

I can't seem to find a way to make an automation similar to the follow:

When card containing "78" in title is created in list "76-80" remove card containing "78" in title in list "To-Do" 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Hi @Ayden Heinig ! Welcome to the community :) would this work for you?

wildcard remove text.PNG

Ayden Heinig January 24, 2022

I don't believe so, my point is not to rename the card but to remove the card from the list completely.

There are situations in my Trello organization where I have a list of cards under To-Do that have to be done and instead of dragging the card from To-Do to the respective completed list, they just make a new card in that respective list with the same or similar title. I would just like it to remove the card from list when they have those similar names so that I don't have to go in and compare the cards and then remove it myself. 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Ah, got it! I misread your question thinking you wanted to remove the "78" from the card's title. So you're basically just wanting to avoid duplicate cards, and if Trello finds a duplicate, it should archive the one in the "To do" list - is that right?

Would this make sense?

remove duplicate cards.PNG

You could also add an action in there to email yourself with the card links so you can be notified when duplicate cards are added.

This only works if the duplicate cards share the same name. If you've got duplicate cards that don't share the same name exactly, it may get a bit complex i.e how do you ensure butler is looking up the correct cards and how do you avoid cards getting archived when they're not actually duplicates. 

I've also suggested a similar solution here

Ayden Heinig January 25, 2022

Thank you so much. I ended up simplifying it down a little bit and it works perfect. Thank you for your help. Capture.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events