Trello App on Windows 10 - download of app possible without using windows store?

TimPunkt January 25, 2018

Hi,

I use Trello in browsers frequently and now - after I switched to Windows 10 - want additionally use Trello App.

Unfortunately I canot access the Windows Store from my company PC with my account (due to Company restrictions) and when I login to store with a "live.com" account I only receive error message when I try to download the App. I assume it is due to a missmatch between my (company) user account on PC and live.com Account in Store.

My question: is there any possibility to download the Trello App as an install package without using the Windows store?

Thanks and best regards

12 answers

3 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2018

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, no, the Trello app is only available through the Windows Store at this time, but I'll let the team know you're looking for it to be available without the Store!

Martin Brandenburg February 20, 2018

Hi,

I have a similar problem. In Chrome nothing happens when I click to download in the store. In Firefox I get an error message (here in German):

"Adresse nicht erkannt

Firefox weiß nicht, wie diese Adresse geöffnet werden soll, da eines der folgenden (ms-windows-store) kein registriertes Protokoll oder in diesem Kontext nicht erlaubt ist.

Eventuell müssen Sie andere Software installieren, um diese Adresse aufrufen zu können."

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Andrew_Watters July 16, 2018

I have the same problem. I much prefer to use the app - if nothing else so that I can pin to the task bar -  but my company doesn't allow the Windows Store to be used. Presumably it is relatively straight forward to repackage for distribution as a desktop app..?

Greg M August 7, 2018

Me too please - Trello Desktop without Microsoft Store!

Alan CET August 8, 2018

Hi , I also want to use the desktop app , yet when i tried to download from the Windows App store nothing happens , almost as though it is stuck,

Any Suggestions as to why  

Alan Keir November 8, 2018

I can't seem to download it either.

gbrandel November 14, 2018

Same problem here.  A stand alone installer would be useful to a lot of your users.  Hopefully it is obvious but I'll add this anyway, for most of us with the windows store corporate lock-down issue, we won't have administrator permissions on our workstations.  Hence, the installer needs to work without privileged access.  The integrated app store concept doesn't strike me as a good fit for the windows world, I wish you wouldn't have gone down that path for the windows platform.  Look at 1Password, Slack, Atom, and Atlassian's own SourceTree for modern installer/updater models that work really well.

Thanks for listening!

Griffith

D. Molina January 10, 2019

Agreed that there is no need for admin privileges for this app so why put it behind a wall that needs them. In actual fact there are other lock downs on the Windows Store that aren't permissible with admin privileges.

MVO March 21, 2019

Hopefully, you are still working towards a non-Windows Store installer. Add me to the list...

Daniel Bingham April 3, 2019

Me also! Company policy restricts the Microsoft store :(

Like Sandro Valgoi likes this
paolo_gianfelici October 24, 2019

Same problem

Michael Samson January 10, 2020

I can't download the Trello app from the Microsoft storeTrello_app_error.png. Constantly get the error "Page could not be loaded".

Please see attached screenshot.

David Titley November 30, 2021

I have this same issue, how can I fix this?? 

Nathan Shepard April 19, 2022

Same issue, any fix available?

Benke June 7, 2022

Same problem. The Microsoft Store is blocked on my organisatzion's computers completely.

Like Sandro Valgoi likes this
1 vote
Bogdan Apopei September 12, 2018

hello,

i have the same problem and i found the app here:

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Diary-Organizers-Calendar/Trello-Desktop.shtml

it works fine.

good luck.

Bogdan ;)

Oluseye Richard November 20, 2018

Thanks @Bogdan Apopei

Ann June 10, 2020

seriously? i have been looking for this forever. awesome! hope it's working this time. fingers crossed! (just at the point replacing trello) 

0 votes
Galym Ka June 21, 2022

Good everyone.

This message is for Atlassian Team! 

The Microsoft store really sucks...

Now is the mid of 2022...

I still have the same issue, I can't download Trello from Windows Store.

Please, stop using Microsoft Store as single entry for downloading.

When, can we have direct download option into windows computer. 

Is there any solution for downloading desktop version.

0 votes
Ariel Cardoso May 4, 2022

Same issue here.

Company computers don't allow the use of Live accounts, so it's impossible to use the Windows Store.

0 votes
HW March 13, 2021

Hi at all,

I have the same issue. Interesting, that the latest answer from the Trello Team is 2 years old... Is there no solution?

0 votes
Ahmed Taha March 2, 2021

Me too please - Trello Desktop without Microsoft Store!

0 votes
Michael Schumaker December 2, 2020

+1! Our organization now requires us to use Windows 10 Enterprise, and as far as I can determine, the Microsoft Store app is not on this version of Windows at all. Not blocked - it does not come with it at all. I want the Trello app, but Microsoft is in the process of phasing out the Microsoft store, so I have no way to download it.

0 votes
Annina Brupbacher November 13, 2020

+1

0 votes
Deleted user August 21, 2020

+1

0 votes
allison murphy April 23, 2019

ME TOO!! PLEASE DISCONNECT FROM THE WINDOWS STORE!!!

0 votes
Pedro Silva April 22, 2019

The same for us ! Company policy restricts the Microsoft store :(

A standalone installer is needed :) 

0 votes
D. Molina January 10, 2019

I am also hoping Atlassian make Trello available by install file download. My company has white listed Trello as an allowable app but they have not made the Windows Store available. Therefore, there is no way to download and install it even if you have admin privileges. 

Edileide Silva October 3, 2022

ENCESTE LINK, QUE DÁ PRA BAIXAR:

https://www.malavida.com/br/soft/trello/download

PELO MENOS PRA MIM FUNCIONOU

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events