Trello App on Windows 10 - download of app possible without using windows store?

Hi,

I use Trello in browsers frequently and now - after I switched to Windows 10 - want additionally use Trello App.

Unfortunately I canot access the Windows Store from my company PC with my account (due to Company restrictions) and when I login to store with a "live.com" account I only receive error message when I try to download the App. I assume it is due to a missmatch between my (company) user account on PC and live.com Account in Store.

My question: is there any possibility to download the Trello App as an install package without using the Windows store?

Thanks and best regards

2 answers

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, no, the Trello app is only available through the Windows Store at this time, but I'll let the team know you're looking for it to be available without the Store!

Hi,

I have a similar problem. In Chrome nothing happens when I click to download in the store. In Firefox I get an error message (here in German):

"Adresse nicht erkannt

Firefox weiß nicht, wie diese Adresse geöffnet werden soll, da eines der folgenden (ms-windows-store) kein registriertes Protokoll oder in diesem Kontext nicht erlaubt ist.

Eventuell müssen Sie andere Software installieren, um diese Adresse aufrufen zu können."

Does anybody know how to solve this?

I have the same problem. I much prefer to use the app - if nothing else so that I can pin to the task bar -  but my company doesn't allow the Windows Store to be used. Presumably it is relatively straight forward to repackage for distribution as a desktop app..?

Greg M I'm New Here Aug 07, 2018

Me too please - Trello Desktop without Microsoft Store!

Alan CET I'm New Here Aug 08, 2018

Hi , I also want to use the desktop app , yet when i tried to download from the Windows App store nothing happens , almost as though it is stuck,

Any Suggestions as to why  

I can't seem to download it either.

0 votes

hello,

i have the same problem and i found the app here:

https://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Diary-Organizers-Calendar/Trello-Desktop.shtml

it works fine.

good luck.

Bogdan ;)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Sep 11, 2018 in Trello

There’s a Power-up for That!

So you’re using Trello at work, at home and to track your new DIY crafts. The family and co-workers are all on board and everything is organized, color coded and has a due date. But still, there’s so...

885 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you