Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello API: Enable Power-Up in New Board?

Emanuel_Vassiliadis February 14, 2020

Is it possible to enable a Power-Up (specifically Custom-Fields) on a new board created using the Trello API?

Would an alternative option be to have a board template with the Power-Up already enabled and configured?  Docs state that board templates are only enabled for business/enterprise plans.  (You may wish to consider having a limit on templates rather than none at all for introductory plans.)

One reason why I am exploring custom fields is that they are displayed on unopened cards.  I know this has been mentioned elsewhere, but showing the description or part thereof would be a (simpler) alternative.

Thanks for the API doc.  Well laid out and easy to follow.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Hi Emanuel,

Currently it isn't possible to activate a Power-up via the API. Therefore this needs to be done within our web interface manually.

Templates are there to provide consistency in structure across different boards, so that you can easily get a similar workflow set up. It will still mean that you need to set up any automations and Power-ups again. (Sidenote: you can create public templates from our free version - just send the privacy to "Public" and the template option will be there).

Appreciate your feedback that you've passed on too!

Thanks,

Ryan

Gaurav Srivastava May 24, 2020

Hi @Ryan ,

I see enable powerUp from API in the developer document. I believe this has been introduced recently after your post. However when I try to use the REST API as below, I get "invalid key". Any suggestion?

https://api.trello.com/1/boards/{boardId}/powerUps?value=customFields&Key={Key}&token={token}

Thanks,
Gaurav

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events