Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Boards to another

Eva Berrios February 22, 2019

Hello,

I am new to trello and would like to re-organize it.  

Currently I have set up new boards based on different projects that I'm doing.

Now I want to create department boards and move the project boards that I have now into the new ones.  For example, I want to create a board for SALES and move the other boards I created into that one.  

I don't want to have to move individual cards and lists and have to delete boards after moving them because I don't want to lose the history of what I've done in each project..  Hopefully that makes sense..

1 answer

2 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

Hi @Eva Berrios you currently can not move a whole board inside of another board. I would recommend you move your lists (which would include the cards) into the new board. If you don't want to delete that board, another option would be to make a copy of the board and then move the individual lists, that way you will still have a backup copy of your project work.

Hope this helps,

Jodi

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc I think Jodi's suggestion of copying the board then moving lists off the copy is a good plan to preserve history, note that in your new board you could create a card and link it to your historical board, here's a blog post about linking boards to cards:

https://blog.trello.com/related-cards-related-boards

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2019

@Eva Berrios oops I meant to tag you in the above comment :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events