Thumbnails of attached Dropbox files?

Hi. We're using Trello in an office where we're linking cards to folders on Dropbox, and we'd like to see thumbnails of the files within those folders when we 'turn over' a card. When I create a card myself, this works and I can see the files.

But when a colleague creates a card and attaches a Dropbox folder, if I 'turn over' that card I get a never-ending "Loading..." message and a link saying "Open folder in Dropbox". This is what everybody else is also experiencing - their attachments work but everybody else's don't. So as a team we're really not getting the full benefit of the Dropbox integration.

Does anybody have any ideas why this might be and how we could fix it? Much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Ed,

I'm going to look into this with our engineering team and will let you know when we have some more information for you.

Hi Ed,

I checked on this with our team, and it turns out that this is a limitation of the latest version of the Dropbox API. We're working with them to get this sorted out!

That's great - thanks for the explanation! Looking forward to the fix. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

103 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you