Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRELLO H2 get a list summary with card count and custom field summing-up

Louis-Thibaud Haller June 5, 2019

Hello all,

I'm trying to setup an automatic summary for lists with card count and few custom field summing-up without success yet ;-)

Attached is my optimal result with of course automatic update of the top summary cards when project cards are moved out/in of lists or if custom fields values are changed. Another key thing for me is to get summary and project info in the same screen.capture 000125.jpg

I've tested some Chrome extensions but couldn't have more than a card count or a bunch of unlabelled figures. I also went through dashcards with Butlerbot which could have done the job but seems to be discontinued since Butler integration within Trello. Butler power-up can also count cards with increase/decrease action in rules but it can't sum-up custom fields. I have also tried a workaround with Zapier and Google sheet but it burns lots of tasks from my Zapier plan ;-(

Has anyone an idea or a workaround to suggest ?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Louis-Thibaud

2 answers

0 votes
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2019

I suggest you take a look at our free Card Size Power-Up. It allows you to enter two numbers for each card and see the summaries per list, assignee, or label: 

https://screenful.com/card-size-for-trello

Louis-Thibaud Haller July 4, 2019

Thanks Sami,

I checked Card Size PU, it's great and might be useful but doesn't really fit my needs as I need counting and summing up on specific custom fields filled up by other automatic processes.

Thanks anyway

Cheers

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2019

@Louis-Thibaud Haller 

As long as you have numeric custom fields, you should be able to sum them up with the Butler Power-Up. I think I have seen this before. - May I ask what makes you come to the conclusion that this isn't possible with Butler?

Louis-Thibaud Haller June 14, 2019

Hi Katrin, thanks for you answer.

I may have missed something but for my use case, Butler can trigger a rule on moving a card to a list, then search for a summary card and set custom fields of this card but with limited action, such as set value to x or increase/decrease by 1 or x with no ability to use variable as x. So to me summing-up is not possible.

I would be glad to be wrong ;-)

Thanks for your help

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

@Louis-Thibaud Haller 

Hi Louis-Thibaud,

as long as I don't see your use case, I cannot say it's not possible. But doing arithmetic with custom field variables has been a possibility in Butler for a long time.

Below is a simple example that illustrates how it works:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-14 um 11.07.09.png

Here is the support documentation (not very much, but better than nothing) that explains the concept.

Does that help?

Louis-Thibaud Haller June 14, 2019

Hi Katrin,

My use case is as described in my first post ;-)

I need to do arithmetic like : when a card A is moved to list step 1, then search for a card named summary in list step 1, and set custom field of card summary to {Budget of summary card} + {Budget of card A} OR increase custom field of card summary by {Budget of card A}

I hope I'm clear

Thanks again for your help

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2019

@Louis-Thibaud Haller 

Hi Louis-Thibaud,

ok, I now see the challenge.

I cannot think of a way either to sum up only a selection of custom field values. Sorry!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events