Syncing Checklists from Multiple Boards

Jason M August 26, 2022

My company has a board for each department. Some of us participate in multiple boards and end up have To-Do Items from the different departments. We use a card with checklists inside of the card for managing that. Issue we are encountering is that some of us will have a checklist with to do's from multiple boards. Each employee has a personal productivity board as well.

We would like to find a solution that would sync checklists from multiple boards to a single board. On that master board we would want the checklists to sync from the other boards as items are added, deleted and checked. We have seen some solutions that will just copy the checklist from one board to another, but you cannot check an item as done and have it sync in the other board it originated from.

This is becoming an issue as we grow and causing us to look at other platforms that offer task management like this, but we love Trello.

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

@Jason M Unito will be able to sync the whole card including the checklist - it's a 2-way sync so any changes made to the checklist (completing an item, assigning a due date, etc.) will sync back and forth. 

Alternatively, if the goal is to have a consolidated view of checklist items, Planyway could potentially help here. You can create a view that consolidates all checklist items from many boards or create a "Jason" view which is filtered on both cards and checklist items assigned to you.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2022

@Jason M 

The de facto go to for sync is Unito and I would suggest you start there.

Have you looked at "Your Items" under the Home?  On my desktop it has items assigned to me from different boards.

Jason M August 29, 2022

Unito doesnt offer the feature I am looking for. Already tested it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events