Switch off automation rules

Wim December 19, 2021

Can anyone helpe me?

I would like to switch off automation rules that order certain lists by due date. If I go to automation I get the screen to create a rule, but cannot find how to delete existing rules.

I originally created the rule by using the options in the board menu (in "list actions")

Thanks,

Wim

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Wim ! Welcome to the community :) do you remember what the automation does? Butler has different types of commands (rules, buttons, due date, and calendar commands). Maybe the command is a calendar command? When you open Butler, on the left-hand side, you'll see the option to view/create different types of commands:

butler commands.PNG

Wim December 20, 2021

Thanks Hannah,

Found them under "calendar".

Wim

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Wim 

You can certainly delete the Automation rule in Trello board like this

In Rules section click on that automation and you will see bin symbol that is the delete option.

You can also disable the automation rule by unchecking the "Enable on the board" tick mark.

Picture8.png

Also there is similar query answered here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/How-to-delete-automation/qaq-p/1758100

Regards,

Vishwas

Wim December 20, 2021

Thanks Vishwas,

I found the rules in "Calendar" and was able to delete them as you suggested (so not under "Rules".

Thanks again,

Wim

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Wim 

No issues, I was thinking it might be generic rule hence suggested they might be under "Rules"

Regards,

Vishwas

0 votes
Evan Meyers November 28, 2022

I've accidentally created an automation in my app (on android)...seems tied to a card that was deleted.  I don't see the automation listed anywhere when I go to the web version of trello...when I click it in the app card, I just get an error that it could not be completed.  How can I delete this automation item that appears on every card in the trello app, but does nothing?  Seems like a bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events