We use trello for our newsrooms, and we used to be able to paste an url into the text-field, after which automatically a card would be generated with an accompanying image cover. Since a few weeks that does not work anymore. How do we get that feature back?
New vs old:
I hope one of the community leaders will answer soon.
At the meantime, I can say those things (maybe obvious but give more clarity of the problem):
1. If you paste the line in the card headline, It will give you preview option.
2. Once you do #1 you are basically not able to change anything (not cool..).
3. Any change that you try on the card name (also by rules), will immediately turn the card to a "regular" card with no preview option as you wrote.
4. Rules and automations on due dates and sticker seem to still work.
5. There is no way back - once you turned the card to a "regular" card, there is (as for now) no way to switch back (not cool at all..).
Over all, It seems that they try to upgrade one thing, and on the way broke other already working procedures. I truly hope they will fix this soon.
Thanks! Yeah, we coudln't find a setting either. The only thing that we want is to be able to post an url in a card, with an automatically generated cover-image. But somehow that seems to be impossible now, thus rendering Trello quite less useful for us, since that is what we use the tool for.
Yeah I have the same issue! I have a meal planning board where I keep all my recipes and meal plan. When I find a new recipe to use I drag the url to my board and it used to automatically generate a cover image from the webpage and put a description in the card and the link to the website. Now the link is just the title of the card. It's super annoying. I hope this is fixed soon! If anyone figures out how to correct this manually, please let us know!
Hello Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events