Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should you be able to edit your Trello calendar from without Outlook?

Trudy Smith July 19, 2020

I have added my Trello calendar to my Outlook 2016. Should i be able to edit it from Outlook and see the updates within Trello? Or is it just view only?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

Hi @Trudy Smith 

Welcome to the Community!

If you've used the iCal link, then it's view only.

If you want to be able to move or edit the calendar entries and have that change reflected back on your boards, you would need a PowerUp like Cronofy or Playnway.

Personally, I use Cronofy. It's free for 1 board > 1 calendar, after that it's around $24 a year to unlimited boards > unlimited calendars.

Cronofy is a pseudo-2-way-sync, you can change the date and time (by drag and drop) within your calendar and this will change the due date and time on the card, you can edit the description on the event, and this will change the description on the card in Trello, you can also set the duration within the calendar which makes a little slot on the back of the card with the duration in it within Trello. 

You can also choose which cards to sync with your calendar, all cards, or only cards that are assigned to you, as well as setting a default duration.

Sorry I couldn't bring better news on the native Trello calendar, but hopefully you'll find a PowerUp that suits your needs.

Please come back to us for anything else!

Esme :)

Trudy Smith July 21, 2020

Hi Esme, many thanks for your detailed reply.  It was most helpful :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2020

You are most welcome Trudy, that's what we're here for!

If you have 2 minutes, could you please accept the answer, so that other Community members who are searching for the same thing, know that this answer helped you?

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events