Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting due date unless if there is one already

Thibault Molleman October 21, 2019

For context:

I have a list of messages for my coworkers to read. Everyone who needs to read that message is added to that card. Once they've read the message, they remove themselves from the card.
Once everyone has read it, it should be moved to my archive list (I move my cards to a list instead of actually archiving them. Each archive list is by month (only have 2-3 active archive-lists, older ones I archive). Problem is that they're manually sorted by duedate (board button) and I need these cards to also get a due date when they're been read.

So I feel like I need one of these:

- Being able to have a command trigger 'when everyone is removed from a card' which then would trigger a 'due date set to now, move card to top of list {monthname} {year}'
- Be able to have an action like "set due date to now, if there isn't a due date already on the card" for my custom archive button I made with butler. (cause I want to have one custom archive button for all the lists on that board but don't want it to always override the duedate with 'now' on cards that actually have a due date)

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2019

Butler should be able to handle this. It's got some pretty powerful automation, and you should be able to set a trigger for when there are no members, to add a due date of now, and move a card to top of list. 

The tricky part will be letting it know which list to move it to as i'm not sure you can tell if {monthname} etc. 

You should also be able to use Butler to set a trigger for if no due date, set due date. I see you're using a custom button, but if you want to make it an automated action i do believe there is a trigger for no due date. 

Thibault Molleman October 23, 2019

I'm already using butler immensely. The action to move a card to the monthname list works fine.

it's just the trigger part for this specific command that I can't figure out. I don't see any trigger in the interface that would allow me to do "when everyone is removed from a card".. all I find is "when  someone is removed from a card"  but that's not what I need, I need make sure there is nobody is on the card

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events