Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set of dates

Mary Hurst September 21, 2021

I use cards with checklists that outline my steps for completing tasks that must be done on a set timeline.  I've made cards as templates with my checklists for each type of report I do.  Is there a way to set a due date for one step (the target step) on the template and have automation rules dictate the rest of the steps' due dates on that card?

AND

Is there a way then for that template to auto adjust all the dates when the target due date is set on the new card made from the template?

Example:

A student has a PST meeting today, they do 6 weeks of intervention, then they have PST meeting 2, 6 weeks of the next intervention, then they have PST meeting 3 and If I get consent for an evaluation at that meeting, the evaluation is due in 45 school days and the IEP meeting must be held 30 calendar days after that.   

This pattern will happen for all students in this way so I want to apply it to my template and have the dates carry over correctly given the date of the first PST meeting. 

Thank you fo your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

@Mary Hurst The BenkoBot function for this would be something like:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/f40f9fb431fc1109e1615dcf4e2fdadf

You can see more about BenkoBot here:

http://www.benkobot.com/

If you're not a coder we can introduce you to a developer who can set up your automations.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2021

@Mary Hurst 

For this automation to work, Trello will have to know the which checklist, what is start date, what is the next item to process and the increment of days…etc. As far as I can tell, it cannot and hence you need to deploy code to it. Let me see I can find a demo video of a power up I built. This video is before I added the capability to have different days between via a custom field. https://youtu.be/6nSRM6WmDdI

Mary Hurst September 23, 2021

How do I get this powerup?  I searched for it using Superdates, superman, superchecklist, etc and nothing came up.  I'm very new to this so I don't know much about how powerups work.  Im sorry!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

@Mary Hurst 

It is a custom powerup that I built. Trello provided this option. If you are keen to try it please contact me via my profile page. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events