Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email as comment to existing card using Apple/Mac mail

Nicole Paul July 13, 2022

I'm able to send an email to my board and have it create a new card successfully. However, if I want to send an email as a comment to an existing Trello card, it's not working. I use a Mac and am using the Apple/Mac mail app. I've gone into the card I want to add the email to, copied the "email for this card" in the "Share" section. I then forward the email I want to add as a comment to that card and...it doesn't work. It shows on the card, but all it shows is a bold title. The content isn't there. 

Am I missing something or does this not work using Mac mail?

Nicole

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

Hi @Nicole Paul ! Welcome to the community :) so you're just seeing the email subject line in your comment and it doesn't copy over the body of the email? That does seem strange! I'm not able to test on my end as I don't have a mac, but this is how it looks for me using gmail:

email to card.PNG 

Maybe try creating a test email and sending it direct to a card, or replying to an email and cc'ing the card address to see if you can recreate the issue. Additionally, if you have another email address, you could try test it from there to see if it's an apple specific issue.

I don't see anything in Trello's documentation to say only certain email providers are supported, so it might also be worth submitting a support ticket via https://trello.com/contact#/

Nicole Paul July 19, 2022

I played with this a bit more and when I create an email from scratch, and use the email address for a card, the email shows up. But when I forward an email thread (which is what I would be more likely to do if wanting to save a conversation to a specific card) it doesn't work.Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 8.55.48 AM.png

I used your email and the same card email I used when creating a new email to test and it just shows a bold title of the email.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

Strange! It looks like the forwarded message isn't coming through, only the subject line. What does the email you want to forward contain? Maybe try forward a basic email that just has a few sentences of text? I'm not sure if I'll be able to help much more from this point onward, so it'd probably be worth submitting a ticket with Trello support. 

Nicole Paul July 22, 2022

Ok. I'll submit a ticket. The email doesn't have anything special in it and I've used this feature before on a PC using Outlook and it worked fine. Thanks.

0 votes
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 13, 2022

Hi @Nicole Paul Welcome 👋

Christl from SendBoard here - makers of the Email for Trello Power-Up.

It sounds like our PowerUp might be a good solution for you. Email for Trello enables you to send and receive emails in Trello and all correspondence is shown as comments on the card. You can view the emails and attachments, collaborate with your team and then reply all from within Trello.

You might also find our features such as merging cards, automate sending emails, saved replies, managing contacts and customising your email address etc. useful too.

Check out this video for a quick overview: Email for Trello Demo

You're welcome to pop over any questions to hello@sendboard.com or simply add the PowerUp to give it a try with the free trial.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events