Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich text editor (wysiwyg) in comments/activity on Trello cards

Mike Stevens January 16, 2023

Ahoy all,

Super stoked to see a 'proper' editor added to the Description section of trello cards. Is there any chance we could get some sort of similar support in the comments themselves, further down in the Activity stream? 

Whether a toolbar-style or a floating version, whatever might be possible, would be super welcome.

It's honestly a pain for regular humans to remember the various markdown rules. 

I appreciate this topic already exists here, but requests for updates there have gone unanswered for a few years now. 

Cheers! 

1 answer

0 votes
Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 17, 2023

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing to us!

Great suggestion! As you rightly pointed out, WYSIWYG isn't available in the comments. I can relate to what you mean, I’ll pass your interest in this on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, and have a great day.

Mike Stevens January 18, 2023

Awesome, thanks @Vishaal S 👍 

Chelsea Potter April 20, 2023

Hello, sharing we would also find this feature extremely helpful. 

Thank you! 

Dimitri Nachtigal April 25, 2023

@Vishaal Sand is there also a way to deactivate the WYSIWYG editor in Comments? I have a special Use Case wher I do not want it to be there 😅:

I want to write a checklist and in the List I want to link some attachments. Before I could simply click on Attachment/Comment --> that would add the code in the comments ---> CMD+X and Paste into the checklist made my Checklists awesome with short Attachments names that were URLs

Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2023

@Dimitri Nachtigal: I can understand your predicament here; if you're worried about the editor format, For now, you can disable the new editor: https://trello.com/my/labs 

Open that link and untick the "WYSIWYG Editing" feature to see if that helps. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events