Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting info from client Integrations

andrea scott April 17, 2020

When i take on a new client, we require quite a bit of information, which is not usually sent at the same time.  This means that we need to contact the contact regularly to get missing info.

Is there a way, that i can use custom fields, to create a form, which is then emailed out to the client, 

I would like them to reply in a way that the info is added straight to the custom field automatically.

Then for the trello card to read the gaps (eg missing info) again and then after a short time send another email with the (still) missing info.

By the end of the task, all applicable custom fields will be populated with the required info.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2020

@andrea scott parsing content sent by the user out of an email reply will be quite finicky, why not just send them a Google Form then create your Trello card using something like Zapier when they fill it out?

andrea scott April 18, 2020

Thanks il; have a think about it.  I think it could work.

andrea scott April 19, 2020

Hi Iain, 

Ive taken a look, my quote sheet (niftyquoter) will allow an export of the quote as a csv file, however all of the quote parts are on different lines and the name and a couple of other info parts are at the top so its hard to export this and then create it into a form (for me anyway due to my lack of experience)

Im trying to automate the processs when i have exported to CSV to google sheets!  i cants see a quick way of doing this via the form!

Do you have any other thoughts?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

@andrea scott okay so you're sending a quote, created using niftyquoter, and then the quote gets approved, but is all the information about the client you require on the quote? If so, how did it get there in the first place?

What I mean is, in order to gather the information you require from the client, why not send a Google Form, then have that information they type in written to a Google Sheet, and automate creating a card in Trello from it (for example by using Zapier).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events