Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the Atlassian account from Trello

Nigel June 16, 2020

Hi all,

Can some please advise me how to remove the Atlassian account from Trello?

Regards,

Nigel

3 answers

0 votes
Ana Raquel Jiménez November 16, 2020

I also migrated to Atlassian yesterday and I can't access to my Trello boards!!! I'm in the middle of important work and I'm stuck!! I woke up at 5am to work and as a very bas surprise I couldn't work because of this issue! I HATE ALTASSIAN AND I'M STUCK WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO WORK ON ANY OF MY BOARDS!!! 

VERY BADDDDD SERVICE

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

@Ana Raquel Jiménez what usually fixes this problem is logging in via id.atlassian.com then clicking on the Trello app, rather than trying to login from trello.com

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

@Nigel If you migrated your Trello account to Atlassian and created a new account, then you should still be able to login to Trello using your old email address.

Nigel June 18, 2020

Hi,

Thank you for all the replies.

I'm not able to login into Trello unless it directs me to Atlassian. Then it takes me round the block!!

I've sent a message to Trello. 

Regards,

Nigel

Hassan October 8, 2020

I am having a similar problem and these answers are evasive or don't completely understand the issue.

I have been using Trello for a long time, before I even knew what Atlassian was. I wanted to try out Jira and somehow linked my Trello account to Atlassian. Now every time I try logging into Trello, I have to use my "Atlassian" account. 

I want to keep using Trello but want it unlinked from my "Atlassian Account". Is there anyway I can do this? Please let me know.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2020

@Hassan there is no way to unlink your Trello account from Atlassian, Trello is owned by Atlassian now, they are migrating all Trello accounts to Atlassian accounts.

Public Name October 28, 2020

@Iain Dooley  Thank you for the clear explanation that there is no way to unlink the accounts. I absolutely hate the Atlassian account and think it should be an option to users, not compulsory. My Trello account is too valuable so I am stuck with it. Very disappointed.

Like Oleg Matyukhov likes this
Nigel October 29, 2020

Totaly agree.

Once I have found a suitable alternative to Trello, I WILL move away from Atlassian.

Rubbish name too!

Dalibor Rodic December 18, 2021

@Nigel try ClickUp, I think hey are decent alternative to Trello. They are quite new but the software is already very powerful. 

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

Hi @Nigel ,

If you no longer wish to use our Services, you or your administrator may be able to deactivate your Services account. If you can deactivate your own account, that setting is available to you in your account settings. Otherwise, please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator and are unable to deactivate an account through your administrator settings, please contact the appropriate support team (see Atlassian, Jira Align, or Trello support pages).  Please be aware that deactivating your account does not delete your information; your information remains visible to other Service users based on your past participation within the Services.  For more information on how to delete your information, see below.   

https://www.atlassian.com/legal/privacy-policy

Nigel June 16, 2020

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for that. I tried that but I then cannot get into my Trello account unless I delete the Atlassian account deletion!

:-?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

Hi @Nigel ,

If you use your Atlassian accout to access Trello, you lose Trello access when you delete your Atlassian account. To delete a Trello account that isn't using an Atlassian account to log into Trello, see deleting a Trello account.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/delete-your-account-976161188.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events