Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem automation Butler with linked checklist

Arno Jansen May 21, 2021

Hi,

I have in board 'A' a checklist, and each checklist has a share link to a card on board 'B'. I want to do an automation that if a card on board 'B' is moved on list 'Done' that the corresponding checklist on board 'A' is getting automatic checked.

Can't find a way how to do this. Is this possible?

Kind regards,

Arno

1 answer

1 vote
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

@Arno Jansen 

The cards in board B will need to know which card has the checklist with the cardlinks to the cards in Board B. Typically you would have a first attachment as the cardlink when the dependency is first established. 

Arno Jansen May 21, 2021

@milynnus 
Thanks for your reply.
So I need to do an extra step on all the cards on board 'B' who has a connection to the checklist on board 'A'. You mentioned an attachment. Not clear exactely what to do now. Can you help me further which steps I need to take? Thanks!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

@Arno Jansen 

If you were to use the collect card action, then for each card linked in checklist item, add link using the {triggercardlink}… Try it. 

Like Arno Jansen likes this
Arno Jansen May 21, 2021

@milynnus 
Thanks for helping me. I'm trying, but too bad it's not clear for me yet. I'm not so familiar with butler yet. 

From what I understand I don't have to anything on the cards on board 'B', is that correct?

And you mentioned {triggercardlink}. Is that a variable or so which I can use, see my following set up:

Trigger: 
When a card is moved into list 'Done'

Action:
for each card linked from an item in checlist
{triggercardlink}

check item
{triggercardlink}

Sorry, maybe it's quite simple to do it. But not sure what to do with {triggercardlink} if I need to copy and paste a link somewhere.

Maybe it's too difficult to explain, but hope you explain it a bit more.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2021

@Arno Jansen 

I realised "collect cards" creates checklist list on current board but here's one solution. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 6.01.57 AM.jpg

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events