Power up to a specific card

DEALER_PFG June 23, 2020

I am wanting to add a power up to just one card. Is this possible?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mustafa sener _Hipporello_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2020

Hi,

As far as I know, it is not possible. Powerups are board based.

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2020

@DEALER_PFG as @mustafa sener _Hipporello_ mentioned your dealers might find it easier to simply email you. There are a few options that do integration with email in Trello, I've developed BenkoDesk which allows you to use Trello as a shared email inbox:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

BenkoDesk runs as a separate user, rather than a power up, so you can use it from mobile devices.

There's also SendBoard which is a power up that allows you to send and receive emails from Trello cards:

https://sendboard.com/

And @mustafa sener _Hipporello_ recently released Hipporello which allows you to use forms or emails to get the requests (although AFAIK you can't directly reply to emails from the cards without going via a web interface, Mustafa, correct me if I'm wrong there).

On the subject of forms, you might find it easier to just give your dealers a link to a Google Form. For example, I have a client who is a dairy cow hoof care importer in Canada, he has created a Google form for his dealers, which they just save as a bookmark, then they go on and fill it out (with some information like company name and so on pre-filled in the personal link he sent them) then those go into a spreadsheet. From the spreadsheet in Google we trigger a Trellinator function to create the order card in Trello with all the relevant info -- he then uses BenkoDesk to communicate with the dealer from that Trello card throughout the order process.

If they prefer to TXT then my BenkoPhone product can do that too:

http://www.benkophone.com/

It's currently live for Australians but I could plug a US number into it, too.

If you wanted a "Trello only" process, then rather than posting a comment or pressing a button, could you not simply allow the dealers to create a card in the list? When a card is created in a list, notify whoever is responsible for the GPS units and so on?

There are lots of options ;) Which is the best will depend on how your dealers want to and are used to interacting with head office and what process you are required to follow once they do so.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2020

Hi @Iain Dooley @DEALER_PFG and @Esme Crutchley ,

As you said for the email side there are other possibilities too. 

And you are right, you have to use Trello itself in order to reply to emails for now. Actually we have thought about adding the solution which benkodesk does, but we decided not to go in that direction. Because an additional user needs to be defined and it is a cost. Moreover, instead of typing replies in the comments with some specific keywords, we have decided to provide a web-based interface so agents can reply with a simple web form and attach documents at the same time. And we definitely leave the control to the user on their email box by letting them use forwarding rules. Hipporello enables users to put automation rules like reply automatically when a new mail received. This is extremely useful to let the requester know that the request is received. Many other automation rules can be defined without needing a secondary power-up or software. Basically, our main purpose is that we don't want our users to use their email inboxes anymore once they put Hipporello in charge.

Hipporello is not just a powerup with full email automation capability, at the same time it provides form-based card creation and a customizable service desk portal.

But I should say that users definitely should try all these good options and make their decision based on who has the best feature set for them. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2020

@mustafa sener _Hipporello_ slight correction:

"Because an additional user needs to be defined and it is a cost."

It only becomes a cost if the same user is added to more than one board in a business class team. You can enable BenkoDesk on a single board in your business class team without incurring additional charges because that user will be a single board guest :)

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2020

Right :). 

1 vote
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2020

Hi @DEALER_PFG 

Welcome to the Community!

@mustafa sener _Hipporello_ is right, PowerUps are enabled at board level, it's not possible to add a PowerUp to just one card.

Was there something specific you want? Maybe you could tell us what you're trying to achieve, and we might be able to provide more specific help?

Esme :)

DEALER_PFG June 24, 2020

I am wanting to enable a button that the dealer can press to order more GPS units. I had showed the owner that I can put a board button but he did not like that idea. I also showed him that I can add a card button but he did not like that it would be on every card that is created on that board. He wants a GPS list and under that list is where the dealer would go to order more GPS units. I even had it to where they could just comment on the card and that would trigger a command to send an email notify us that they need GPS units. He thought that was to much work for the dealer. I truly can not think of an other easy way for the dealers to notify us.

He was requesting a button be on a card under GPS list that they could just push and that would be it.....

Any ideas would very much be appreciated

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2020

Hi @DEALER_PFG 

Thanks for the clarification.

You've suggested everything that's available; card and board buttons. The only thing that you might be able to do is add a link to a Google Form, and get them to fill that out, but if he doesn't want them to comment for that to trigger, then a Google Form will probably be too much as well.

The only other thing you could do is add a label like 'I need GPS' and get that to trigger, but that would have to be the only label on the board otherwise they might get confused.

The other thing that you could do is to enable the 'Vote' PowerUp, then they could just vote on the card, but there's no way in Butler to get notified when someone votes on a card (I don't think). Although you might be able to run a report, I honestly don't know!

@Iain Dooley - any ideas?

Esme :)

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2020

Another option is to use Hipporello power-up. You can create a form for your dealers/clients and let them log in to your service desk portal which is provided by Hipporello from an URL like https://<yourcompany>.hipporello.net. Whenever they submit a form, a card will be created in Trello. And you can further communicate with them through that card. Dealers can watch the status from Hipporello service desk. For any replies from your agent, an email will also be sent to your client/dealer. Hipporello enables you to collect requests from emails too. You can connect your sales@ like email to Hipporello, and a Trello card will be created for each received email.

Check: https://trello.com/power-ups/5dd670e21b2a8973687ca15a

https://www.hipporello.com

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events