Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overviewing tool

Andrii K February 26, 2019

Hi there!

Who can tell me how can I make some dashboard or overview tool? I'v create my boards, lists and tasks. And I need somehow to see all my to-do's (from different boards), doings ane done's at one place.

Thnx

5 answers

0 votes
Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2019

@Andrii K The Screenful Dashboard for Trello can provide overviews across multiple boards. Here's an example dashboard view that aggregates tasks from multiple boards into one view. You can click through from the numbers to see the individual cards. You can learn more about this view from the Tour page

Taskstatus.png

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

@Andrii K 

Hi Andrii,

that can be easily achieved with the Butler Power-Up.

I once create a set of workflows for the Butler Power-Up to channel multiple ToDo/Doing/Done boards into one master board.

The setup can also be done with the Butler Power-Up, but a you will need one of its paid plans in order to implement it.

I have a number of resources for this on my website, here's one example article.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2019

@Andrii K am I correct in understanding that you want to see all cards in the "Doing" list from different boards, but not necessarily cards you've been added to?

Is there a reason why they're on separate boards? For example, you could combine them all into a single board, then use labels to separate them. The board filter would allow you to view cards with a given label:

https://help.trello.com/article/787-filtering-cards-on-a-board

This is a useful pattern in Trello to avoid having to click into a bunch of different boards.

Andrii K February 27, 2019

@Iain Dooley they are on separate borads because each bords contains cards for differents projects. 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

@Andrii K If they don't have separate access requirements and the cards don't go through different stages of work trying using labels to designate different projects and filtering the board by label to view each project individually. 

@Iain Dooley So the only way is ti use labels or hashtags?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

@Andrii K yep, labels. There's no hashtags as such in Trello although the iOS board filter does use the hash symbol to search based on label, and you can use the hash symbol to add labels to cards created by email.

But I digress ... 

If you want to see all the cards at once that are on multiple boards without implementing something via the API or synching cards with Unito or something like, then the best way to go is to just have one board for all your tasks and label cards to designate that they're part of different projects.

You can also use tools like Placker for example which is a sophisticated Gantt charting tool (and does other things too) that will give you a view of all cards in a given list across all boards, but you have to pay extra for it.

Using a single board with labels gives you what you need in an uncomplicated fashion at no extra cost.

@Iain Dooley for me is important to use different borads for different projects.

It would be ideal if each project were on a separate board and there would be another board where cards from different projects would be collected in the appropriate groups "to do", "doing" & @"done".

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019
0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hi @Andrii K you can view all of the cards that you have been assigned or added yourself to, and sort them by board or due date by going to your cards page. To do this just click on your name in the Trello header and select "Cards" or go to https://trello.com/your/cards

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2019

Hi @Andrii K you can view all of the cards that you have been assigned or added yourself to, and sort them by board or due date by going to your cards page. To do this just click on your name in the Trello header and select "Cards" or go to https://trello.com/your/cards

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Andrii K February 26, 2019

Hi @Jodi LeBlanc !

I have 4 bards with same structure - "to do", "doing", "done".

So, I need to see all cards from 3 boards from "doing" columns at one place.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events