Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observer

Isabelle L May 20, 2019

Hello, I am VERY new to Trello but loving it.  My manager wants to observe some boards but she does NOT want notifications or reminders.  

I saw there was an observer option, but that option isn't available to me somehow even though I am the only admin.  She doesn't want to mess the board up or get notices.  She would like to read my notes and maybe add questions in the form of a card.  She is currently not a member of Trello.

Any ideas?  Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

Hi @Isabelle L Teams that subscribe to Trello Business Class can add "observers" to boards within their team. Observers are board members that are able to view a board and the cards within the board, download card attachments, comment and vote on cards if that is enabled for the board, and export the board. Observers are not able to move or edit cards, upload card attachments and observers can't change board settings.

I agree with what @marc -Collabello--Phase Locked- says above, you can also have your manager turn off all notifications using the steps in the following article:

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Thanks,

Jodi

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2019

@Isabelle L  Observers are only available with a Trello Business class account.

With your use case, it seems it would be enough to add your manager to trello, and just not put her username on any card.  Then she won't get notices, and can read the cards.  Just tell her not to edit.  As long as she does not edit cards, nothing should change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events