Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notify when card not changed for too long

Robert Barron
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 29, 2020

Hello,

I'd like to be able to send reminders to people to update their cards, even if it's not the due date yet.

Some kind of automation that will notify me when a card has not been modified in X number of days.

Maybe it's some kind of Butler rule?

Thanks!

Robert

1 answer

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

This might be one way you could do it, though it might trigger too often, depending on your scope..

On a separate (Reminder)board, create cards with the same name as all the watched cards. 

On the main board, create a bunch of rules with a trigger for every action you would deem a "modification". The X days is sadly going to be hard-coded. (The pink label is my stand-in for whatever you're using to tag the cards as 'watched' by you. It could be something else entirely)
image.png

Should probably have another trigger for if the due date is completed, to remove/complete the due date on the ReminderBoard as well. Or reset it to in 3 working days if its a recurring task.

The whole second board is essentially just so the people don't get a countdown timer for how long before you start breathing down their neck :P

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events