Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working

Martin_Apostolov February 20, 2020

Hi, 

I have tried 100 of settings and I cannot make Trello send me any "live" notification on my devices. Can you help me set up Trello so I can get a notification when something happens to a board or a card that I am watching? 

My setup: 

- Trello free version

- A board that I am watching

- A card where I am watching and I am a team member

I have tried the following:

1. In Chrome browser, I have set the site to allow notifications - no luck

2. On Android mobile app - I have set sound and vibration notifications for boards and card - nothing happens

3. I have also installed the Windows Desktop app, no notifications and also the test for "Send Test Notification" doesn't not react in any way. 

I simply cannot believe that none of this works? pls help. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Just to check, you won't get notifications for things you do yourself on a card you are watching.  Another user has to do the action or comment in order for it to make a notification happen.  Does that make sense?

https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Martin_Apostolov February 21, 2020

Hi Michael, thank you very much for your response. No, I am not waiting on notification from my self, but from my team members. I ask them to do I change (a new checklist item is added) and I check Chrome based Trello, no notification, check with Windows Desktop App, no notification, check with Mobile Android App, no notifications (in 5-6 tests so far). 

The strangest thing is that in the Windows Desktop App the Send Test Notification does not work at all. I cannot press the button.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events