Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications Logic

Christian Müller January 4, 2019

Good Morning, 

could you explain me why I get from one card a notification and from I my opinion the exactly the same card with another text I don't get any notification.

How is the rule for the notifications?

And how can I deactivate the automatical observations when I change something within a card?

Best regrads

Christian

3 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2019

@Christian Müller I have built a product called Benko Board which automatically unsubscribes you from any card you're added to, meaning you only get notified about being added or removed from a card, and when someone mentions you in a comment:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/benkoboard

This makes notifications much more usable, but you'll have to put in place some automation to get due date notifications either on the due date or before the due date. You can do this with Butler, but also directly via the API, for example Trellinator which is a free/open source google apps script library for automating Trello that I also built:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/trellinator

0 votes
Christian Müller January 5, 2019

Is it possible to deactivate the automatical notification?

I have to deactivate it for every single task which is quite uncomfortable if you don't need the notification feature so often.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2019

Thanks Christian, I let the Trello Team know that this is causing some user experience issues. I should hear back next week whether or not there will be a workaround.

Thanks for your patience.

Jodi

Christian Müller January 18, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc Could you give me a update please :) ?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Hi @Christian Müller I sent a note to Trello Team yesterday, I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Thank you,

Jodi

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2019

Hi @Christian Müller you receive notifications on cards you are watching. When you make a change to a due date Trello automatically adds the watch. Can you have a look at the cards you are getting notified on to see if you see a small eye on the face of card. If you open the card you can click on watch and the check mark will disappear, you will no longer be notified.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Jodi

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2019

Also, this article provides a bit more information when it comes to notifications: https://help.trello.com/article/793-receiving-trello-notifications

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events