Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification when start date is within 30 days

Milou.nijskens January 7, 2022

Hi Team, 

I would like to configure an e-mail notification when a start date is less than 30 days from now. However, I can only find automation possibilities for end dates. In other words, I do not want to receive a notification when the start date is SET, but when the start date occurs within less than x days. 

Example: I need to buy a gift for my friend's birthday. The start date of the task is 010322 and the end date is 010422. I would like to receive a notification via mail one month prior to the start date (010222) as a reminder for the upcoming task. 

Hoping to receive an answer.

Kind Regards,
Milou Nijskens

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi @Milou.nijskens ! Welcome to the community :) good question! It looks like there isn't a straightforward automation that will achieve this for you. You have due date commands like "30 days before a card is due, send and email", but nothing that revolves around the start date. The start date field is kind of new, so perhaps having start date commands is on the roadmap. I'd reach out to Trello directly to see if it's something that's planned for the future!

In the meantime, the only thing that came to mind was to create a daily report. So you could create something that says, every day, send a report of all cards starting in 30 days. On some days, there might be no cards starting in 30 days, so you might want to include other things in the report like overdue cards, or cards due today, etc.

Heath August 3, 2022

I'm struggling to find how you set up a reminder that's not one of the 8 out of the box times max 2days.

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

@Heath you can setup your own custom reminder using butler automation :) what you want is a due date command.

Like Heath likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events