Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No way to archive list - menu not showing

Lisa DeRuiter May 10, 2019

I just signed up for Trello, and unfortunately I think there's a bug. It appears from the tutorials that there should be three horizontal dots to the right of my List title that opens a menu to give me options to archive it, etc. But my lists don't have those three dots to the right of the title. I've tried various browsers, apps, etc. and it's the same on all of them. No menu is there. Does anyone have any idea of what the issue is? Or is there some other way to archive a list?

2 answers

0 votes
Nicholas Bentley May 30, 2019

I wanted to jump in here really quickly with a huge thanks to Blair for posting this answer & some feedback.

I too was having this problem & couldn't figure out how to archive a list. I checked out the official help docs & there wasn't anything on https://help.trello.com/article/786-archiving-lists-deleting-lists about the "simplified view" so naturally, I figured something was wrong with Trello.

I searched around the internet for about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to archive a list. That's not something you want users to have to do. While I get the need for a simplified view, maybe leave the option to archive a list on that simplified view at a minimum.

Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2019

Hey Nicholas! Super glad to hear this Community Q&A was helpful :)

We definitely don't want you to feel like something is wrong with Trello or feel lost when trying to do normal Trello tasks, so your insights are very helpful and we're taking them seriously in our development process for this feature!

Nicholas Bentley July 10, 2019

Thanks Blair!

0 votes
Blair at Atlassian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2019

Hey Lisa,

It sounds like your board may be using a simplified view. This is a feature we're testing for new users to help teach them how to use Trello incrementally. If you head into your Board Menu on the right side of your board, then go to More and then Settings, you'll see an option to skip ahead and open up all of the expected features:

CleanShot-2019-05-14-at-13-51-42-2x.png

Let me know if this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events