It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Night Mode for Trello

How come Trello has no official Nightmode?

24 answers

1 accepted

17 votes
Answer accepted
Torben Atlassian Team Sep 25, 2018

It's not something that we currently offer. But I'll let our team know, that you would be interested in this.

Not only him -like everyone. 

Like # people like this

It's been quite some time now since this feature was first requested. I think it's vital to let people work in night mode, because developers are a core userbase for trello, and we love dark or night modes universally. It would make your product so much easier on the eyes to use at night.

Like # people like this

Please add dark mode or night mode not only for aesthetic reasons because it would just look cleaner and better, not just to actually fit in with all of the other Apps and the Operating System itself macOS, not just to save battery life on OLED screens because black/dark OLED displays save power and the environment by extension, BUT ALSO for health reasons. The glare of staring at bright white backgrounds is very hard on the eyes. 

Like # people like this

Honestly i think putting it on the phone was an OK move but i guess most people use PC so it doesn't change anything. Still love Trello though ;)

Hi! So is there any update on the Night mode / dark mode for Trello?

Any update on this? You have gobs of money and resources under the atlassian umbrella and a hacker weekend's worth of hours could have completed this a long time ago. Please for the love of everything holy bring dark mode do the apps. 

Nite Mode for Trello's Desktop and Mobile apps are even more needed than the web app.

This is very much still needed. Please implement it soon! 

6 votes

I can't understand how it is possible, to an easy to implement thing like a dark mode, to takes so long ... 
We really need it, as people said, is not about aesthetic, is also health care.

Please, listen to your customers.

5 votes

Another voice requesting this. For Trello to be useful to me, it needs to have dark mode as the ideas I’m trying to capture often occur in the middle of the night. With dark mode apps i can capture the idea and go back to sleep within seconds. Without dark mode, I’m often awake for hours. 

5 votes

Going on two years since it was first requested. Need me to find you guys someone to write some custom CSS?

Now that mobile is done... how about that desktop app. "Just use the web version" isn't an acceptable answer - there are reasons I prefer the app over the web version. :)

the browser version doesn't have a dark mode

Like Norberto A. likes this

Sure, not natively. but it's easily accomplished with a handful of extensions. 

Like # people like this
Alperen I'm New Here Aug 30, 2020

Absolutely right, I'm using desktop shortcuts specifically, so I'll continue using Trello's desktop app. Trello must have night mode for the Windows 10 app.

5 votes

It's very disappointing that trello web application and desktop application has not been provided with the dark mode. Majority of the atlassian user base is developer and we developers seek nothing but a dark mode in every app we use when it comes to cosmetic aspect of it. It is not only about look and feel, but the health of our eyes too. So please, treat this as a high priority feature request. Just curious to know what is it taking you to make development on this front - lack of skilled resources (which I doubt), or anything else?

Dark Mode is in the mobile apps from today (iOS, Android from 25.), so what about the main web platform? Any plans/decision/ETA Atlassian team?

I really WANT a dark mode for web. Where is it. I can't find it anywhere, and I am not installing some browser extension that then has read access to all my crap. I have to have sun glasses on to use this web sight out of the box. What am I paying for besides storage??? Nothing new that has come out has been remotely useful to me in the past year, at least dark mode will keep the visual peace in my cave like coding environment.

Please save our eyes. We need night/dark mode.

4 votes

Like most of your users have said multiple times, we need night mode/dark mode Trello.

Most of us developers spend a lot of time in front of screens, which on it's own can already be harmful to the human eye. However, light mode makes it even more aggressive.

Dark mode not only is more aesthetically pleasing, but easier on the human eye.

- Norberto A., just another developer voicing their opinion.

This feature is still really needed but in the meantime there is a Chrome extension called Trello Night that is helpful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/trello-night/mfifmoklnkpndjjcalemaggldbicmkki?hl=en

I really need the app in dark mode I'm getting blind.... Can any one in trello's team help us out.... Thanks a lot friends

Like # people like this

I was really hoping to be able to use the desktop app which I just discovered, but the web app is so much better to me because I use a chrome extension which turns everything into dark mode, including Trello. Unfortunately, I will have to continue to use the web app so for the safety of my eyes and my sanity. Please fix this my Trello dudes. This is way overdue

Like Norberto A. likes this

I use the App so there is still no solution for bringing dark mode and apparently, Trello/Atlassian's developers have never visited this Forum otherwise they would obviously move this to the top of the list of priorities. 

3 votes

Ditto to everything above - LET US JOIN THE DARK SIDE OF THE TRELLO FORCE, PRETTY PLEASE.

3 votes

I was disappointed to read in the recent blog that the mobile apps have dark mode, however the web version does not. Surely there are on a magnitude of more users who use the web version, more frequently and for longer periods so that feature would have been more beneficial on the web version. 

2 votes

So bizarre that that this STILL has not been done yet. Oh well...

2 votes

Nightmode for PC please!! I use Vivaldi browser to present multiple Trello boards as a dashboard. Chrome Night Mode extension is of no use. Please fix this Trello.

What do we want ?
Dark mode!!!111!one*

When do we want it?
Naow!!

*On desktop (mac)

as an alternative you can use

userstyle addon modification

https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/trello

Incredible, thanks for the tip!

I use the App so there is still no solution for bringing dark mode.

Apparently, Trello/Atlassian's developers have never visited this Forum otherwise they would obviously move this to the top of the list of priorities. 

The funniest part is that it's only a matter of changing a bunch of CSS values and it can be done programmatically.  If Dark Reader extension can do it in an instant in the browser.  The packaged desktop app can do the same.

Trello management and developers are lazy at best!

1 vote

Dark mode for the Win 10 app... 
C'mon guys!! ;-)

Alperen I'm New Here Aug 30, 2020

I'm looking forward to this feature.

Please developers hurry because I can't wait anymore.

They can do it like android app of Trello.

Wait for it, wait for it...  After 2 years, it will surely be out in 5 when the new "sunrise mode" will become the norm :-)

No jokes, it's unbelievable how slow Atlassian is to make changes!

Like Chase likes this
0 votes
mrblini I'm New Here Sep 14, 2020

Please add dark mode for MacOS, the white screen is rough on the eyes after long use.

Having dark mode in the Trello app on Mac would be life-changing. I don't think they realize just how much time some of us spend in Trello. 😅

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,616 views 15 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you