Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Editor makes tagging slow

Devesh Khanal May 4, 2023

My only question on this is "Why?!" and "Is anyone else super annoyed by this?" But after the new editor was released the slowness with which typing @ followed by a character or two of whoever you're trying to tag has significantly slowed down by Trello speed. You used to be able to just type @ and a character and it would auto complete instantly. Now there is a delay so I'm constantly "accidentally" tagging myself because when you type @ it defaults to your own handle. This is really annoying. It was better before!!

6 answers

1 vote
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hi guys, 

I have word from someone within Trello that they are aware of this issue and are working to address it.

For now, if it is unusable for you in its current state, I advise to switch it as shown in the answer below.

Regards,

Mike

1 vote
Andy Tranter May 15, 2023

Oh good its not just me! It is quite terrible.
I've also lodged feedback, though I doubt anyone actually reads it, so I thought I'd update here also.
Thank god you can still turn it off (Unlike some of the other changes Atlassian have released recently)

1 vote
Scott Werley May 8, 2023

I am experiencing the same problem and it's driving me absolutely nuts!

This is a major UX issue that has greatly hindered my ability to quickly tag other teammates in card comments. It is a classic example of additional functionality that makes everything more complex when simplicity is preferred. It should never have been added.

Please revert the tagging back to the way it was before the latest update.

Thank you!

0 votes
Jesse Chapman June 1, 2023

I'm also annoyed by this and I'm not sure how to submit feedback... I don't have that box on my screen.

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2023

Hi There, 

Try going here and switching WYSIWYG Editing off

https://trello.com/labs 

Jesse Chapman June 1, 2023

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. This didn't work for me. And unlike other users where there is a delay, it doesn't seem to propogate any @ username when I try to tag in text anymore, even after waiting 10+ seconds or so.

0 votes
razorfrog May 8, 2023

I'm here to make a ticket for this as well. The new tagging system is terrible. I have a very defined muscle memory to type @ and the first letter of a team member's name. This no longer works for me and I end up tagging my self. Every. Single. Time. 

Please fix!

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2023

Hi @Devesh Khanal 

This feature is still open for feedback so I would use the send feedback option to report this:

Screenshot 2023-05-04 154547.png

razorfrog May 8, 2023

I run into this issue more in the Comments than Description. Is that the new editor as well?

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2023

Yes, it seems to be.  Switching it off in description and refreshing the page will also switch it off for comments

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events