New Due Date Reflects (in)Complete Status from Prior Date

This seems like a bug, but it could be expected behavior. I'm hoping someone can confirm or this will bring the bug to Trello's attention.

Scenario:

• Due date added to card (ex: 4/22/17)
  • Due date completed [x]
  • Due date removed from card
  • New due date added to card (5/8/17)

The resulting due date ends up being already completed, which then causes the card not to flow through my workflow properly.

Expected behavior for me would be that removing a due date resets the completion status of the due date for that card, so that when a new due date is added it is incomplete (default).

Has anyone else run into this? Is it a bug?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Devon Henderson Community Champion Apr 19, 2017

I just tested this and mine worked as expected - my second due date was open, and not marked completed.

1. Set due date on card (4/22/17)
  2. Marked due date as complete.
  3. Removed Due Date from card.
  4. Added new Due Date to card (4/25/17)

The second due date was not complete, and is performing they way you, and I, would expect it to. I would submit this as a bug on Trello's website. This way you can directly interact with Trello staff to resolve your situation. 

Good luck!

Thanks. Definitely odd, as I tried it again today and received the same results.

I've submitted a bug report to Trello, so hopefully they'll be able to nail down the issue.

Thanks!

Trello said the bug had been fixed previously. Once I made sure my browser was updated and cleared the cache/cookies, things started working correctly.

Cheers!

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Apr 21, 2017

Thanks for following up to let us know it works. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,196 views 8 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot