Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple users - possible to edit same note

Ola Schönbeck September 3, 2020

Hi

I have searched everywhere - probably I am blind - feels like a basic feature?

In Trello we use a common board with a group of 3 users.
If i make a new List with a new "note" and then writes a some information in this note.
Is there a possibility/setting for all 3 users to edit this note?
Now the other 2 users can comment not add info in "my note"

Example:
User 1 note:
[Client instruction - Adjust volume to 20]

User 2 got new info from the client and wants to edit my note to:
[Client instruction - Adjust volume to 43]

I haven't find a way of doing this - is it possible?

Best regards

¤Ola Schönbeck

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

@Ola Schönbeck what do you mean by "note"? All members of a board can edit all aspects of a card, but if you're using a powerup then there might be other permissions involved.

Ola Schönbeck September 7, 2020

Thx for your super fast reply!

This is a very old board. Maybe 4-5 years old.

I tested  to create a new board with new members - everybody can change everything. Just as I want it.

Somehow it is not possible to change what somebody else has written in this old board.

I have searched and compared to the new board and can not find a way of unlock editing for all users - it looks like editing is enabled... See attached image.

CaptureTrello.PNG

I am Ola and my college is Anton.He can not edit ("Redigera" i Swedish) my notes and I can not edit his notes.  We can only Answer ("Svara" in Swedish) - not edit or delete...

I hope this clarifies my problem a little bit more?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2020

@Ola Schönbeck okay yep you can't edit or delete comments added by another user who was the same access level as you at the time they made the comment. Anton was obviously an admin of the board at the time that comment was made. If you wanted to, you could simply copy the board, close the original and then you'd be able to delete the comment on the copy.

0 votes
Ola Schönbeck September 3, 2020

Hope you all can help :) ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events