Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiboard card automation

RH September 1, 2023

Hi

I am running 2 boards.

When a card in Board 1 goes into list X it will duplicate and appear in Board 2 List X.

When the card in Board 2 is moved to list Y. The Card in Board 1 will automatically move into List Y

My for my question. If a Card in Board 2 is deleted/archived. I want a label or something to show up in the card in Board 1 to indicate that it has been deleted/archived in Board 2.

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2023

I'm guessing by your first part that you have linked the cards together.

If that is true, the second part is easy

When a card is archived, find the first card linked in attachments and add the label "Archived" to the card
RH September 6, 2023

Yes I do. I followed your tutorial about this! 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2023

@QC QC Did my solution work for you?

RH September 21, 2023

The team decided this was not necessary.

I do have a different issue now. and can not find out why this is happening.

When I create a Parent card and 2 Child card and childcard1 in Board 1 into list X it will duplicate and appear in Board 2 List X. (so far so good)

Than when the Childcard1 in Board 2 is moved to list Y. The ChildCard1 in Board 1 will automatically move into List Y. 

But now the issue.

the childcard1 and the parent card are moving into list Y even thou not all check list are completed.

If I test this without having cards move/dup to another bord this all goes fine.

RH September 21, 2023

Ok Update;

I figured out that;

When I open the childcard1 in board 2 and manually remove the link to the parent card.

all goes well.

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 13.28.17.png

how do I automate the removal of the "parent" ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events