Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving boards to different workspace

Yury Tabolin November 24, 2021

Hi there. Couple of questions. 
My team mate set my role in his workspace as an admin, but he can not make me admin for the boards from this space. So I can not move boards from this space to another. Please advise

3 answers

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2021

This should be resolved. 

Yury Tabolin December 13, 2021

You mean already resolved? 

@Michael Pryor I'm admin on workspace but still can not be assigned as admin to boards within this workspace. I think the issue is not resolved. (((

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2021

If you are admin on the workspace, you are already admin on the boards (by virtue of being admin of the workspace).

But I am not. see screenshots attached, pleaseScreenshot 2021-12-13 at 18.38.10.pngScreenshot 2021-12-13 at 18.38.29.png

@Michael Pryor waiting for your reply. Thank you.

Yury Tabolin December 19, 2021

Hi @Michael Pryorstill silence from you about my request. Could you find some time and assist, please?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
December 20, 2021

I know you are not showing as a "board admin" but is there some board admin feature that you cannot use? I think the fact that it doesn't show you as board admin is just a display error.

Yury Tabolin December 22, 2021

@Michael Pryor I can not move the board from one workspace to another though I am admin in both.

Ryan
Atlassian Team
December 22, 2021

Hi Yury,

Just jumping in here! It looks like you're using a free Workspace. In this case, you're not automatically the admin on all Workspace boards - the current admin will have to explicitly make you an admin. Are they able to do this? This is what's preventing you from moving the board, as you need to be a board admin, as well as a member of both Workspaces to move the board.

With a Premium subscription, you will have the ability to become admin of all Workspace boards. You can try this out with a free trial here: https://trello.com/en/free-trial

Thanks!

Yury Tabolin December 22, 2021

@Ryan that is the issue, current admin can not make me an admin. I was writing about it above. It was a bug, and it still remains for a month already.

Ryan
Atlassian Team
December 22, 2021

Gotcha Yury. We'd like to look into this  a bit closer for you. Could you ask the current admin to submit a ticket to Trello.com/contact and allow us access to the account? This way we can take a look at what is going on.

Yury Tabolin December 23, 2021

@Ryan @Michael Pryor we did as you asked. did you manage to check it?

Yury Tabolin December 29, 2021

@Ryan @Michael Pryor seems like you guys simply ignore the case. really upset about that

Yury Tabolin January 11, 2022

@Ryan @Michael Pryor hello. 
Hope to hear from you in 2022 :)

Nathan Smith
Atlassian Team
January 11, 2022

Hi @Yury Tabolin 

Nathan here from Trello Support, I hope you're doing okay?

I've managed to find the ticket that was raised for this issue by your workspace's admin, I can see we sent a reply but it's possible this wasn't delivered.

Looking at some of the boards in the workspace it looks like Lizaveta isn't an admin on some of the boards which may be why they're unable to make you an admin. To get around this they could start a Free trial of our Premium plan on this workspace, this would give Lizaveta admin permissions on all the boards in the workspace to be able to make you an admin of these boards.

I've sent a new message from the ticket with some additional steps you can try to fix this issue and I've CC'd you in the response so you can see any further communication relating to the ticket. If you don't receive this message let me know and I'll have a look into this for you!

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Hi @Yury Tabolin & @Michael Pryor 👋

An update for you on this issue... another member with the same problem received a response from Trello support. It is confirmed to be a bug and Trello is working on fixing it. They also provided a work around in the meantime:

For now, the workaround is to:

• Remove the member from the Workspace
  • Change their role on the board in question to admin
  • Add them back as a member of the Workspace

I hope this helps 😃

All the best,

Laura

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
November 24, 2021

Have you joined the boards?  When you say "he can not make me admin for the boards" can you explain more why he can't do it? Is there an error?

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2021

Hi @Michael Pryor I've noticed this question pop up a lot for users in the last few hours, it seems that the change permissions section to make someone an admin over a member is greyed out or the admin options doesn't pop up at all for some?

Hopefully this gives a bit more detail for you 😊

Yury Tabolin November 25, 2021

There is no option at all to give admin role. Laura is right.

Yury Tabolin November 28, 2021

@Michael Pryor would you please help with this issue?

@Michael Pryor good afternoon. Still nothing about this issue on your side?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events