Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a Comment between Cards

Back2Front September 26, 2019

Trello is awesome for organising collaborations. But invariably people I collaborate with reply to a topic on a different card.

I see its possible to move cards between boards (how cool is that). If it could similarly be possible to move comments between cards, would be massive help to keep the conversations on track.

2 answers

0 votes
Manda B December 7, 2022

Am REALLY keen for this to be fixed... it's no good copying a card across to another column if the content does not change. It's actually misleading as no one knowss that the card they're looking at does not contain the update to date info. Can you fix this, techies? Im on the point of deleting copied cards now as I just assumed the content would be carried across to each one as each one was updated so am now carrying incorrect info on the board! Yikes!. Cheers!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

@Back2Front what functionality are you trying to implement beyond simply copying the text of the comment and pasting it somewhere else?

Back2Front September 29, 2019

I want to be able to move comments between cards.

Copying and pasting text into blockquotes is what I'm doing at the moment to keep discussions on-topic. But its still confusing and messy.

Like # people like this
Linda Swanson September 2, 2021

I agree.  I'd like to preserve the timestamp of the comment when it's moved to another card, so the sequence of events is accurate.  Essentially click & drag a comment.  As opposed to copying an older comment from the wrong card and pasting with today's time stamp to the correct card.

Like # people like this
mehov November 29, 2021

I would also like to have this functionality.

To add to the above: manual copy-pasting won't preserve the original commenter.

Plus if they have some markdown in their comment, either manual copy-paste would lose that formatting, or I'll have to manually reproduce it, which is a waste of time. If there are links converted to titles (new feature), I'll have to right click and copy the actual URL. If there are many URLs, I'll have to repeat that with each.

And overall, manual copy paste is an ugly solution by definition.

Like # people like this
Rushad Faridi October 28, 2022

I guess its not currently possible!  :-(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events