Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member Invited but unable to sign in

Stewart Ellis July 2, 2020

I have 3 Team members that have received invites to Trello boards however they are unable to sign in. They receive this error message: "you can't join this board because you're not a member of the board's team"

Yet they do not appear in the Member list.  In addition, when I try to send them an invite, it says they haven't confirmed their email address.

Any help would be really appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2020

Hi Stewart,

I would try these things:

1. Get your members to confirm their email addresses with their accounts.

2. Add your members to your team. You can do that by going to your home dashboard, clicking on your team on the left, clicking "members", then pressing the green "Invite Team Members Board".

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 4.58.38 PM.png

3. Once they are members of your team, they should have access to that team's boards (by joining those boards).

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Jireh

Stewart Ellis July 6, 2020

HI Jireh
1. Members received the confirmation email but are not brought to the board.
2.  Members are added to the specific board, but the new icon is just a blank icon, not associated with the invitee's email or name.

Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2020

Just to be clear, there is a difference between an email telling you that you've been invited to the board, and an email asking you to confirm your email address with your trello/atlassian account.

When you say your team members are "unable to sign in", do you mean they can't sign into their accounts? Or they can't get access to the board you are trying to invite them two?

What do you mean by "the icon is a blank icon"? What icon? Could you include a screenshot of the icon? Could be a hint to your issue.

Stewart Ellis July 7, 2020

I have been unable to attach any pics (jpg) to the next screen after clicking on the camera above and selecting the jpg files to upload.  Any other suggestions on how to get them to you for review?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events