Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Delete

Bradley Gozzard September 20, 2022

Is there a way to do a mass delete on the archived cards? Or a way just to directly delete rather than archive? 
We use this system a lot and have a very big collection of cards going that we now need to remove. Is there a limit on archived items? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

@Bradley Gozzard 

You can always deploy code to the task using Trello API. I do it for my demo boards by have a designated list and run the program. I do it for my client that uses email to board to trigger actions and since they are no longer validate, archiving them makes no sense so we delete them instead. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Guilherme Michelotto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2022

Hey Bradley,

Welcome to the Community! Happy to answer this one for you.

Although there's no limit to archived items, you might start experiencing a drop in performance by the accumulation of older cards in it. 

When it comes to directly deleting them, rather than archiving: when you archive a card, it gives you the option to delete it right away, so that might be something to keep an eye on.

Unfortunately, I gotta be the bearer of bad news here, since there's no native way of mass deleting archived cards in Trello as of today, however, I would suggest taking a look at this Community thread where some of our fellow users came up with a few workarounds.

Have a nice week!

Bradley Gozzard September 21, 2022

Thank you for your help 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events